Photo and Video Production Assistant – KSA Nationals only
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The incumbent will be part of the Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The PMU of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025) facilitates, coordinates and manages all technical and advisory services to be provided by FAO to the Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA). The project “UTF/SAU/051/SAU Strengthening MoEWA’s Capacity to Implement the Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme” is the first project that has been approved within the framework of FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025). The project will provide technical and advisory assistance to the MoEWA in implementing its flagship sustainable rural agricultural development programme that has recently been approved within the context of the National Transformation Programme of the Saudi Vision 2030. The project expected results will be achieved through implementation of nine project components: 1) Development of coffee Arabica production, processing and marketing; 2) Development of beekeeping and honey production; 3) Development of rose production and trade; 4) Development of sub-tropical fruits production, processing and marketing; 5) Strengthening capacity of small-scale fishermen and fish farmers; 6) Strengthening capacity of small-scale livestock herders; 7) Development of rain-fed cereals production; 8) Enhancing value addition from smallholdings and rural activities; and 9) Strengthening MoEWA’s capacity in sustainable management of rangelands, forests and natural resources to support rural livelihoods.
The Photo and Video Production Assistant reports to the Administrative Officer in the FAO Saudi Arabia.
The Photo and Video Production Assistant performs and assists in wide range of photo and video production functions in support of FAO's communication services.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a photo and video production work plan for the FAO KSA Office.
- Identify appropriate video and photo materials, prepares film, write and edit video programmes of the FAO technical cooperation programme.
- Ensure full photo/video coverage for events and visit of the technical cooperation programme and works with multimedia team to apply a consistent taxonomy for photographs and video production.
- Operate digital and video cameras and ensure its readiness prior to events, provide the optimal technical specification for the cameras and other related accessories.
- Ensure the good management of the multi-media contents and database, proper safekeeping/preservation of historical visual materials and oversee the distribution of video materials.
- Maintain guidelines on ethical photo reportage and organize photo coverage with corresponding caption information and provide photo guidance for field visits as needed.
- Respond to media requests for photos and video recording and undertakes the production of quality photos, videos, multi- media products and other related information products with captions and required metadata for multimedia, print production, social media platforms, uploading to the FAO KSA and corporate photo and video databases.
- Encourage experts to take photos on specialized themes and ensures that all photos made by any of the FAO KSA personnel or visiting experts are collected, categorized and organized appropriately in specialized library.
- Undertake research determining appropriate medium and target audience, preparing production plans, writing drafts, obtaining clearances and finalizing texts and editing copy.
- Maintain and expand a roster of freelance photographers and photo researchers.
- Work in the production and editing of video/film projects for website projects and tracks all production material, produce scripts and cue cards etc.
- Select and catalogue sound and visual materials for inclusion in productions, obtain requisite clearances and copyrights.
- Direct studio recordings and/or evaluate audio quality of recordings for inclusion in programmes and maintains a digital library of all the Audio and visual media captured with proper retrieving tools and procedures.
- Source, identify and acquire third party and paid audio and visual stocks and templates for use within FAO KSA media production;
- Undertake FAO video production and post-production including logging and digitizing source tapes, outputting final cuts to tape and web clips and audio editing and managing related technologies.
- Provide specialized photographic orientation sessions for FAO KSA team to ensure use of FAO guiding policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree/specialized diploma in photography, video or film production.
- Three years of relevant experience in photography, video management, marketing or Public Relations and/or communication support work.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe PhotoShop, Bridge, Final Cut Pro, and/or other professional image and video processing software, etc).
- Working knowledge level C of English and Arabic.
- National of Saudi Arabia.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Expertise in using industry-standard professional video and photo software and production tools, ensuring workflow, images and video output meet international media standards and comply with FAO OCC technical guidelines.
- Knowledge of current video trends.
- Excellent interdepartmental communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the organizational structure.
- Good knowledge of FAO's administrative policies and procedures.
- Very good knowledge and experience in developing high-quality communication/multimedia materials for a wide variety of audiences.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.