New York City (United States of America)
Nonviolent Peaceforce (NP) is a dynamic, international non-governmental organization. We work to reduce violence and protect civilians in countries affected by violent conflict and its aftermath through the implementation of unarmed civilian protection programming.
NP is seeking an administrative assistantto support the core functions of the New York office. The position will work closely with the entire New York-based team and our partner organizations to support the implementation and execution of programming, as well as the daily functioning of the New York office. Funding for this position is guaranteed through July 31, 2022. Interviews could be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
- Provide administrative support to the NP US Programs team and Director of U.S. Programs as needed.
- Coordinate and support financial recording process for growing team.
- Travel arrangement and coordination, including booking flights and tracking travel.
- Maintain an updated inventory of office supplies, training and outreach materials and program equipment.
- Receive and fill requests for supplies from office staff and training teams.
- Provide administration support to Human Resources department as needed.
- Participate in all staff and team meetings, support with notetaking where requested.
- Follow NP information management systems and security procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 1 year experience with administrative support, production assistance, logistics and coordination or related role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong follow-through, reliability and accountability.
- Attention to detail, including strong editing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Work in fluent and precise English.
- Passion for the mission of the organization.
- Commitment to the organizational values; strong interest in community safety and mutual protection.
Nonviolent Peaceforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff at all levels. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. However, all qualified applicants regardless of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, or age, will be considered for this opportunity.
We believe that systemic inequality disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because NP believes that these communities must be centered in the work we do in reducing violence arising due to racism, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities
Nonviolent Peaceforce acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of employees, contractors, volunteers, interns, beneficiaries and other stakeholders and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice in the Humanitarian and Development sector.