Product Manager (Remote)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Who we are looking for: we are seeking to identify a Product Manager.
What we offer: a consultancy contract of up to 11 months from start date will be offered to the selected candidate(s).
Workplace: this position will be performed from remote.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The Technology Division of WFP partners with units across the organization to digitally transform WFP. We design, develop, enhance and maintain a variety of digital products. The Digital Solutions Delivery Branch (TECD) oversees solution delivery activities, covering both the introduction of new products as well as the evolution of existing ones. Each product being delivered has a Product Manager.
Reporting to the Product Management Lead, the Product Manager is the custodian of the vision of the product, accountable for maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the Product Team. The Product Manager aims for an IT solution which achieves the highest quality in terms of technical usability, user acceptability, and domain suitability.
- Create and maintain the Product Canvas outlining the vision of the product;
- Create and maintain the Product Roadmap outlining the evolution of the product;
- Prepare the Product Roadmap for endorsement by the TEC Demand Assessment Board (DAB);
Perform the role of Scrum Product Owner:
- Develop and explicitly communicate the Product Goal;
- Gather and validate requirements following a Human-Centred Design (HCD) approach;
- Ensure that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood;
- Communicate requirements inwards to the Product Team and outwards to Stakeholders:
- Decide when to deploy the product with the predisposition towards frequent releases;
- Manage the product budget (including support & maintenance costs), and prepare cost estimates based on the IT Solution Architect’s high-level effort estimates;
- Provide guidance to vendors concerning the submission of consumption reports and invoices;
- Any other duties as required for the successful delivery of the product.
- Product Canvas;
- Product Roadmap;
- Product Backlog well-structured in Epics, Features, and User Stories, with User Stories that pass the “Definition of Ready” as per the INVEST criteria
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University degree in business administration, information technology, or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of post-graduate experience within Agile product management environments, including a proven track record of planning, leading and executing product deliveries.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with product management (vision and product strategy), product backlog management (analyse, create, refine, and prioritize product backlog items), Agile Scrum and mainstream software design & development methodologies;
- Strong customer empathy and a passion for building great user experiences across web and mobile devices
- Experience with multi-vendor project and delivery coordination and management;
- Experience with design and development team set-ups; and
- Practical understanding of how to make a solution successful at scale.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Well organized and detail oriented;
- Able to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously;
- Able to articulate complex concepts in non-technical language;
- Able to plan and organize work and communicate effectively;
- Enthusiastically work with a diverse population of people of different national and cultural backgrounds, particularly valuing respectfulness and inclusively leveraging everyone's talents
- Fluency in oral and written English is mandatory. An intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: "Our Work" and "Countries" to learn more about WFP's operations.
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2022 at 11:59pm Rome time (CET/CEST)
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Saving lives, changing lives