Ref. Number: 22017
Department: Graduate Program, Finance Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 28 December 2021
Closing Date: 6 February 2022
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Finance Stream. The Analysts under the Finance Stream will work closely with the Treasury and Controller’s offices and gain a deeper understanding of the tools, techniques and technologies related to treasury and finance processes and accounting.
About the role:
AIIB’s Office of the Treasurer (TRE) is responsible for funding Bank operations, managing capital and debt-funded liquidity and offering financing solutions to clients. Within TRE, there are five teams:
• The Client Solutions team works with Investment Operations on the financial structuring of AIIB projects.
• The Investments team manages liquidity pending deployment to AIIB Investment Operations.
• The Funding team issues debt to source funds for those operations.
• The Strategic Planning and Middle Office team is responsible for balance sheet management, the Long-Term Financial Projection modelling, interaction with AIIB's credit rating agencies, and compliance.
• The Operations and Services team manages the back office including settlements, payments, and banking relationships.
The role of the Treasury Analyst (Graduate Program) will be to support and rotate in a number of these teams on tasks related to modelling and systems work. For example, as part of the Middle Office team, the analyst may support the modelling of the Long-Term Financial Projection as well as assist in enhancing the modelling software. Stress testing and variance analysis may be done alongside the Investments team. The analyst will be involved in improving data collection and data processing for a number of processes integral to treasury operations. The analyst will gain a deeper understanding of how Treasury works as well as get hands-on experience with the tools, techniques, and technologies needed for Treasury to function.
The rotation plan will be decided later based on the final candidate’s skill sets, qualifications and preference.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and/or enhance basic models in support of team functions. Models can be in Excel or other software tools and may serve many purposes including cash management, long-range forecasting, portfolio stress testing, investment scenario analysis, and others.
• Assist in Treasury processes which are supported by the models.
• Support the development of software tools to perform various tasks such as data extraction, data management, reporting, document management, among others. Such support can include directly building simple software tools, portfolio reports, and similar functions as well as liaising with Treasury and IT team members on larger software implementation projects for requirements development and analysis, system configuration, system testing, and other critical tasks.
• Other tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in business administration or finance.
• 2-3 years (for Bachelor’s degree holders) or 1-2 years (for Master’s degree holders) of relevant professional experience in a bank, multilateral development bank, or international finance institution.
• Working experience with treasury management and/or other financial systems.
• Excellent spreadsheet and database usage and management skills. Programming/coding skills are not required but would be an advantage.
• Experience with building, maintaining, and enhancing models including assumptions and data management.
• High level of integrity and a track record in handling confidential matters.
• Demonstrable ability to pay strong attention to detail and can ensure accuracy of documents and communications.
• Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills in English
• Possession of relevant professional certifications would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.