Corporate Secretariat Analyst
Ref. Number: 22023
Department: Graduate Program, Corporate Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 28 December 2021
Closing Date: 6 February 2022
Corporate Secretariat Analyst
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Corporate Stream. The Analysts will rotate within the Corporate Secretariat and other related business functions to develop skills in stakeholder management, protocol, and development communications.
About the role:
The Corporate Secretary Analyst will work in the following rotations:
a) Support AIIB’s Board of Directors, Committees under the Board, and the International Advisory Panel (IAP) as they execute their responsibilities in the context of governance to ensure the achievement of the Bank’s mandate.
b) Support the Shareholder Relations to help the Bank position as a well-established international organization with a global reach and reputation, as well as manage its frequent interactions with government officials consistently and in accordance with international standards.
c) Support the Communications Department, or other related business function.
• Prepares and reviews Board documents and consults with originators and others as necessary to ensure content meets Board expectations, that recommendations (if any) are clear, and comply with Board policies and procedures.
• Supports operations of Board meetings or other Board Events as appropriate to ensure (i) agreed standard of meeting conduct, (ii) clear and accurate recording of decisions, (iii) adherence to procedures, (iv) accurate and timely recording of request by the Board and Committees, and inclusion of such requests in Board, Committee and Secretariat work programs as appropriate.
• Undertakes research on governance practices and develop recommendations on how to further enhance operational efficiency, transparency, and procedural integrity.
• Any additional tasks as requested by the supervisor.
• Supports high-level engagement meetings and/or events as appropriate to ensure the consistent practice and implementation of the institutionalized AIIB Protocol
• Supports in the preparation of official correspondence to ensure the appropriate forms of address and honorific titles for dignitaries, as well as in the review of Board materials submitted to SEC to ensure the proper use of AIIB member names and maps
• Conducts research on the host country engagement strategy in other MDBs and provide recommendations on how to build a more established practice of engagement with Host Country
• Conducts effective and timely communication with counterparts in the Chair and Vice Chairs of the Board of Governors offices, respectively, for the preparation of Opening Ceremony of the Annual Meeting 2022 in Russia
• Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience (with a Bachelor’s degree) or 1-2 years of relevant work experience (with a Master’s degree) in political science, public administration, or other relevant field of study.
• Understanding of corporate governance, including institutional policies and operational processes and procedures; an interest in institutional and organizational issues, and demonstrated skill at handling complex, process-related work.
• Experience working with government and other partners, including bilateral donors and multilateral organizations, including in the areas of event and project management.
• Demonstrated strength in oral and written communications, including ability to draft governance documents and to articulate ideas verbally in a clear and compelling way to audiences of varied levels.
• Strong diplomatic and people skills.
• Ability to maintain a sense of perspective when working under pressure.
• High level of integrity and track record in handling confidential matters.
• Demonstrable ability to pay strong attention to detail and can ensure accuracy of documents and communications.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.