National consultant to conduct business analysis for processes connected with medical conclusions, form of incapacity to work and payments on eHealth side
Ukraine goes into a country-wide “Paperless initiative”. One of them is “Form of incapacity to work” which includes the following processes:
- Work with medical conclusions
- Work with form of incapacity to work for insured person
- Work with payments for insured person
The core goal of this paperless initiative is to minimize patient movements from doctor to employer to get payments for insured persons. This end-to-end flow includes a lot of complex interactions between government systems - eHealth and Electronic Register of forms of incapacity to work.
From June 4, 2021 in Ukraine the target model of formation and delivery of "e-SeakLeaves" is introduced. The introduction of “e-SeakLeaves” is an important stage of paperless not only in the field of health care, but also in building an effective electronic document management system, which will significantly save budget funds by minimizing corruption risks of issuing unjustified e-SeakLeaves and simplifying the process of receiving insurance payments.
The target model of formation and issuance of "e-SeakLeaves" provides for the formation of electronic sick leaves in the Electronic Register of sick leaves on the basis of medical certificates of temporary incapacity, entered by the doctor in the Register of medical certificates in the electronic health care system.
Patients will no longer have to bring a paper certificate of incapacity for work to record the fact of temporary incapacity for work, and employers will see the necessary information about e-SeakLeaves in the personal e-office of the insured (employer) on the web portal of Electronic Services of the Pension Fund of Ukraine (https://portal.pfu.gov.ua).
The introduction of a target model automates the process of certifying a person's temporary disability and makes it more transparent and convenient for patients, employers and social workers.
This complexity of interaction between different registers requires developing complex handling logic for “e-SeakLeaves” cases.
In line with this, UNDP seeks the services of a National Consultant to conduct business analysis for processes connected with “e-SeakLeaves” on eHealth side (Functional requirements, BPMN diagrams, Error handling logic).
Duties and Responsibilities
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of this assignment is to conduct business analysis for processes connected with “e-SeakLeaves” on the eHealth side (Functional requirements, BPMN diagrams, Error handling logic).
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES / SCOPE OF WORK
The Consultant will be responsible for conducting the following activities in order to achieve the overall goal of the assignment:
- Conducting interviews with stakeholders in frames of their current functions, further functional requests and potential user-experience;
- Review and analyze legislation which regulates end-to-end processes for medical conclusions, form of incapacity to work, payments for insured persons;
- Work with National Health Service of Ukraine (NHSU), Pension Fund of Ukraine (PFU), Fund of Social Insurance of Ukraine (FSIU) specialists to reach agreed logic for all found cases of end-to-end flow;
- To analyze BPs, draft technical recommendations and requirements;
- Describe and analyze “as is” business process for each case on eHealth side;
- Suggest and describe “to be” business process for each case (if required) on eHealth side;
- Describe error-handling logic (e.g. error code, error description and handling logic description) on the eHealth side;
- Compilate requirements, description of back-end logic.
- Create technical tasks for development/updating of systems;
- Work with developers to clarify or elucidate requirements;
- Support the process of development / deployment of upgrades / fixes / new features;
- QA for delivered releases (partial or on Project Manager’s request).
Onboarding plan into eHealth domain, Project “e-SeakLeaves” to quickly load context for each involved stakeholder (political stakeholders, key users of the project, dev team, etc)
Developed introduction document into eHealth domain, Project “e-SeakLeaves” which describes:
The draft document is agreed with MOH
Technical requirements which describes handling logic for unexpected error cases from eHealth point of view - Create medical conclusion errors (1000 type), Extend medical conclusion errors (2000 type)
Developed TR which covers up to 5 typical cases from pool of create (1000 type) and extend (2000 type) medical conclusion errors scope and includes:
The draft TR is agreed with MOH
Technical requirements which describes handling logic for unexpected error cases from eHealth point of view - Shortening medical conclusion errors (3000 type), Extension as creation of medical conclusion errors (4000 type), Cancellation medical conclusion errors (5000 type)
Developed TR which covers up to 5 typical cases from pool of shortening (3000 type), extension as creation (4000 type) and cancellation (5000 type) medical conclusion errors scope and includes:
The draft TR is agreed with MOH
Finalized and packaged into Scope of Work to deliver “to be” business processes of extracted typical cases from 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 error cases.
The TR is agreed with MOH
The Deliverables shall be submitted in Ukrainian/English. The title rights, copyrights and all other rights whatsoever nature in any material produced under the provisions of this TOR will be vested exclusively in UNDP.
Work-progress reporting/monitoring meetings will be held with the National Consultant on a regular basis. UNDP will be responsible for all quality control and evaluation of work-progress of the performance of the National Consultant. No reports or documents should be published or distributed to any third party without prior approval of the UNDP.
The Consultant will duly inform UNDP of any problems, issues or delays arising in the course of implementation of assignment and take necessary steps to address them.
All reports and results are to be submitted to the UNDP in electronic form (*.docx, *.xlsx, *.pptx, and *.pdf or other formats accepted by UNDP). All deliverables and presentations shall be provided in Ukrainian/English, all reports shall be submitted in English.
PROPOSED PAYMENT METHOD
Payments will be made in 4 tranches according to the following payment schedule:
- upon satisfactory submission of deliverable #1 – 25%
- upon satisfactory submission of deliverable #2 – 25%
- upon satisfactory submission of deliverable #3 – 25%
- upon satisfactory submission of deliverable #4 – 25%
The consultant shall be responsible for managing the process of the work implementation, its resources, logistics and expenditures related to the tasks in a timely and accurate manner. The consultant will be reporting to the UNDP Health Programme Specialist in liaison with the Project manager of “e-SeakLeaves” Project from the Ministry of Health side.
- Demonstrate/safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Act as a team player;
- Encourage and participate in open communication in the team, communicate effectively;
- Create synergies through self-control;
- Manage conflict;
- Informed and transparent decision-making.
Required Skills and Experience
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Minimum qualifications and experience:
• University degree in IT, programming, technical sciences or other related field
• At least 2 years eperience in IT as a business analyst and/or system analyst
• At least 1 year experience in eHealth field
• Knowledge of document analysis, writing user stories, functional decomposition, creating and using BPMN and standard UML tools (draw.io, Microsoft Visio or their analogues)
• Proficiency with project management tools: Jira, Confluence, Trello (or analogue) will be considered an advantage
• The knowledge of API tools (Postman, Altova XMLSpy or their analogues) with logging/monitoring tools (Kibana and Grafana or their analogues) will be considered an advantage
• Proficiency in Ukrainian, working knowledge of English
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS
Applicants shall submit the following documents:
Letter of interest/proposal, explaining why the applicant considers him - or herself the most suitable for the work
Personal CV, including information about past experience in similar projects/assignments and contact details for referees.
At least one example of written technical requirements, specifications of ToRs or parts of such documents if there is confidential information that cannot be shared fully. Documents have to be relevant to projects mentioned in the CV.
- University degree in IT, programming, technical sciences or other related field (Bachelor's degree - 17 pts, Master`s degree - 20 pts)
- At least two years relevant professional work experience in IT as a business analyst and/or system analyst (2 years - 15 pts, 3 years and more - 17 pts)
- At least one year of relevant professional experience in eHealth field (1 year – 3 pts, 2 years and above - 5 pts)
- Practical experience with business analysis methods (document analysis, writing user stories, functional decomposition, creating and using BPMN and standard UML tools (draw.io, Microsoft Visio or their analogues), not structured written example - 5 pts, well written and structured example - 10 pts
- Experience of working with API tools (Postman, Altova XMLSpy or their analogues) with logging/monitoring tools (Kibana and Grafana or their analogues) (1 year – 2 pts, 2 years and above - 3 pts)
- Proficiency with project management tools: Jira, Confluence, Trello (or analogue) - 3 pts
- Proficiency in Ukrainian, working knowledge of English - 9 pts, proficiency in Ukrainian, Russian and English – 12 pts
Contract award shall be made to the incumbent whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) having received the cumulative highest score out of a predetermined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
* Technical Criteria weight: 70%
* Financial Criteria weight: 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum 70% from the maximum available technical score (49 points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal and will equal to 30. All other price proposals will be evaluated and assigned points, as per below formula:
30 points [max points available for financial part] x [lowest of all evaluated offered prices among responsive offers] / [evaluated price].
The proposal obtaining the overall cumulatively highest score after adding the score of the technical proposal and the financial proposal will be considered as the most compliant offer and will be awarded a contract.
In the case of unforeseeable travel, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed. In general, UNDP should not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources.