Consultant on long-range Unmanned Aerial Systems (SSA)
The SMM has been utilizing long-range Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (hereinafter: L-R UAV) services as a support of regular ground monitoring activities since October 2014. Almost seven years of operational experience and two previous tenders have clearly demonstrated that conducting a procurement process based on well-designed terms of reference and a detailed service contract are prerequisites for achieving operationally viable and cost-effective service.
Despite the experience gathered to date, which allows the SMM to clearly define operational requirements, support is still required in terms of defining and assessing technical requirements for the turnkey service provision solution, which shall be contracted as part of an international tender. This further includes creating contractual mechanisms as a means to manage the high level of financial risk resulting from damage or loss of expensive equipment due to hostile action and/or challenging environment.
In order to ensure that all of the above issues are addressed, the OSCE is seeking a consultant with expertise on long-range UAV systems, specifically who will provide support during the upcoming international tender. The requested consultant is expected to assist in drafting the Terms of Reference for the L-R UAV service provision tender, conducting the evaluation of bids received as well as coordinating with bidders in view of providing clarifications or requesting follow-up technical data.
The consultant on L-R UAV systems will assist the OSCE SMM conduct an international tender related to the provision of L-R UAV services and secure a new turnkey contract from April 2024 onwards.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Head of Operations, the consultant on L-R UAV systems is expected to:
- Provision of expert support to the SMM Project Team during the preparation of the Tender Terms of Reference and Scoring Criteria, with a particular focus on requirements pertaining to jamming resilience, direction finding and electronic support measures. Support required remotely;
- Provision of expert support to the SMM Project Team during the technical evaluation of bids received as part of the international tender, as well as during coordination with suppliers throughout the bidding process (Q and A stage, and follow-up clarifications requested by the SMM). Support required remotely.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, please see https://www.osce.org/special-monitoring-mission-to-ukraine
The consultant(s) selected must have the following qualifications:
- Citizenship of an OSCE participating State, excluding citizenship of Ukraine;
- Education in engineering, aviation, law enforcement or military;
- Detailed knowledge of the long-range UAV market related to aircraft with a MTOW (Maximum Take-Off Weight) of at least 150km, range of at least 150-200km and flight time of at least 6-8 hours;
- Experience in conducting international tenders related to long-range UAVs;
- Professional fluency in English language, both oral and written.
Remuneration will be commensurate to educational background and years of relevant experience of the selected candidate, in line with the OSCE Staff Regulations and Staff Rules.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
The OSCE is a non-career organization committed to the principle of staff rotation, therefore the maximum period of service in this post is 7 years.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.