Programme Analyst, EVAWG Kyrgyzstan SI Programme
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic (GoKR), the European Union and the United Nations have launched the Spotlight Initiative (SI), a multi-year programme aimed at addressing all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG), and harmful practices. The Spotlight Initiative (SI) aims to support transformative change on the ground to end VAWG, in numerous countries globally, including the Kyrgyz Republic. The initiative comes with the highest level of commitment globally and will be governed by the UN Deputy Secretary General and the Vice President of the EU Commission.
The SI in the Kyrgyz Republic will apply a comprehensive set of approaches based on social innovation, Human Rights, multi-sectoral inclusive response and survivor-centred principles to the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of interventions across the SI’s six Outcome Areas. Particular emphasis will be placed on integrating the voices and experiences and solutions of women and girls who face multiple forms of discrimination, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) principle of ‘Leave No One Behind’. The SI in the Kyrgyz Republic has sought to reflect on current or common place models of ‘conducting business’ in order to propose innovative alternatives aligned with commitments to gender transformative and community-led approaches guided by adaptive leadership and a joint-One UN systems management approach.
The UN RC entrusts the Programmatic and Technical Coherence of the Programme to the UN Women Representative in the Kyrgyz Republic in their capacity as Innovation lead and as the chair of the UN Gender Theme Group (UN GTG).
Reporting to Kyrgyzstan Spotlight Initiative Programme Coordinator, the Programme Analyst provides programme support to the effective management of UN Women parts in the Spotlight Initiative by contributing in the programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he supports the delivery of UN Women parts in the Spotlight Initiative by analyzing results achieved during implementation and supporting appropriate application of systems and procedures. The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women/ Spotlight Initiative programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Spotlight Initiative
• Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to Spotlight Initiative
2. Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Spotlight Initiative programme
• Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required;
• Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities of specific component;
• Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
• Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
• Train partners on Results Based Management.
3. Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners
• Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;
• Coordinate technical workshops and webinars; facilitate workshop sessions;
• Develop country capacity and provide a forum for exchanging experiences
• Consolidate lessons learned and key outcomes of workshops and webinars
• Analyze emerging needs and provide suggestions for technical follow up
• Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
4. Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme
• Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
• Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
• Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes.
5. Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the programme
• Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
• Provide inputs to financial reports;
• Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants as needed.
6. Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
• Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
• Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
7. Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on Spotlight Initiative to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the Kyrgyzstan
• Provide technical support to the Programme Coherence Specialist/Coordinator on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
8.Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
• Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to Spotlight Initiative;
• Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
• Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on Spotlight Initiative.
• Respect for Diversity
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
• Creative Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Inclusive Collaboration
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Leading by Example
• Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
• Knowledge of Results Based Management
• Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings
• Good analytical skills
• Good knowledge of EVAW and GEWE
Key Performance Indicators:
• Timely and quality inputs to programme design
• Timely and quality inputs to workplans and budgets
• Adherence to UN Women standards and rules
• Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances
• Timely organization of events
• Number of knowledge products developed
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
• Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
• A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
• At least 1 year of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
• Experience in the area of EVAWG is an asset;
• Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
• Fluency in English and Russian is required;
• Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset.
All online applications must include (as an attachment) the completed Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.