Shelter Technical Assistant Afghanistan Khost
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the Shelter Technical Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the Shelter project. She will be responsible for village assessments; identify needs and resources, data on returnees/ IDPs, Beneficiary selection and regular monitoring, data collection from field level, check the quality and quantity of construction material before distribution.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function Responsible for: assessment, vulnerable beneficiary selection, project planning, implementation and monitoring for shelter construction activities.
- Collection and analysis shelter data and report to shelter officer.
- Produce reports on weekly, monthly and require base as well.
- Assessment on site. Village assessment; identify needs and resources, shelter type, data on returnees/ IDPs.
- Beneficiary selection. Identify vulnerable families eligible for shelter assistance according to established selection criteria.
- Delivery on site. Shelter package according to the plan and on time clearance.
- Provision and completion of all field related forms, contracts and retain in profile.
- Responsible for quality maintenance of shelter and latrine in target area.
- Remain updated on technical and legal considerations (national lows, standards and codes).
- Coordinate the material loading, transportation and delivery with logistics and warehouse assistant.
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Properly operate the NRC assets (HF,VHF, Computer and sat phone...etc).
- Monitoring Ensure that:
- all program data are accurately collected and reported;
- the quality and quantity of construction material is distributed to the beneficiary’s families, Is correct and according to the delivery plan.
- The shelter construction up to completion and occupancy respects the activity plan and deadlines.
- Monitor shelter construction activities within the agreed timeframe.
- The quality and quantity of construction material, distributed to individual beneficiaries, is correct and according to the construction delivery plan.
- Participate in field missions, shelter activities monitoring, and technical assistance to beneficiaries.
- Maintain shelter beneficiaries’ documentation both on field and office levels and on its profiles.
- Beneficiaries and community workers training regarding shelter and latrine design.
- Conduct the meeting with community/or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Upon successful completion of construction stages reports to shelter officer for progress report.
- Support Emergency Coordinator. Or PM to Prioritize the emergency activities in different region such as field assessments, distribution, responses, PDM, risk monitoring and coordination.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the immediate superior.
Generic professional competencies:
- Be ready to work in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English language.
- Knowledge of emergency interventions and or programs.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering or any other relevant field.
- At least 2 years of working experience with the communities.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Work confidently within a group.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Fluency in local language Pashto/Dari both written and verbal.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.