Monitoring, Evaluation and Communications Officer (SB-4 Peg1)
Parent Sector : Communication and Information Sector (CI)
Duty Station: Almaty
Job Family: Programme Coordination
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 4
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months (the initial period is 4.5 months, with possible extension, subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance)
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 19-JAN-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in Kazakhstan may apply to this position)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the UNESCO Almaty Office, the Monitoring & Evaluation and Communications Officer at the Programme Support Unit shall contribute to the Office’s overall programme coordination, monitoring, reporting and communications on the programme, and represent UNESCO in the related technical meetings of the United Nations (UN) in the UNESCO Almaty Cluster countries. S/he ensures the quality of reports submitted to UNESCO’s governing boards and development partners, including donors and the UN, and works closely with UN agencies on the technical programmatic aspects of the UN programmes, including, but not limited, to the UNSDCFs.
In particular, the incumbent shall:Long Description
1. Contribute to the strategy and programme planning: assist in the formulation of the UNESCO Almaty Office’s overall strategy in compliance with internal and external strategic and development assistance frameworks.
2. Assist UNESCO Almaty specialists in designing, planning and reviewing programmes and programme-related Terms of References (TORs).
3. Coordinate work-plans in line with corporate requirements and sector strategies including supporting and monitoring the activities and projects in SISTER.
4. Contribute to the design and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation activities of UNESCO’s Regular Programme and extra-budgetary projects in line with UNESCO’s RBM and Evaluation quality standards, administrative rules and the extra-budgetary projects’ results matrix.
5. Contribute to the design of programme monitoring, reflecting the work plans, and ensuring regular monitoring of programme implementation, including budget control, data collection and analysis, suggest updates and improvements to the projects’ approach and results framework.Long Description
6. Coordinate the office's reporting, monitoring and evaluation requirements: ensuring compliance with specific reporting requirements by UNESCO, donors and UN counterparts, editing and compiling reports so as to ensure accurateness as regards the content and language, supporting staff to fully comply with reporting and donor follow-up requirements, providing advice and support on the planning, preparation and implementation of evaluations, including in the organization of evaluation missions. Assist Programme Officers in preparing reports on progress and monitoring programme activities on a regular basis.
7. Contribute to programme communications by preparing concise, user-friendly reports or presentations that can be shared with the general public to demonstrate concrete results achieved
8. Contribute to the monitoring of the risks to programme implementation and to the preparation and maintenance of the Office’s Risk Registry.Long Description
9. Perform any other tasks related to the scope of work of the M&E and Communications Officer that may be necessary for the successful implementation of the Office’s programme delivery.COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Teamwork (C) Communication (C) Planning and organizing (C) Accountability (C) Results focus (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree (Master or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other related social science field.
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional work experience in communications, print media, digital and social media, public relations or other relevant fields of work, preferably in the UN or other international development organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, database and analytics.
- Excellent oral and written skills, excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment, ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.), email/internet and programmes such as Photoshop, familiarity with database management, and office technology equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian.
- Specialized training/certification in the related fields.
- Working experience within the UN agencies.
- Knowledge of M&E software.
- Knowledge of Kazakh.
- Salary: *790,216 KZT monthly (including 10% for pension and 5% for medical insurance).
(*subject to change in case of changes in UNESCO Almaty SC salary scale)
- UNESCO's salaries are paid in local currency (Kazakh tenge).
- Other benefits include: 2.5 days annual leave for each completed month of service, 5% for medical insurance and 10% for pension plan are included into the monthly salary.
- Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.