Ref. Number: 22020
Department: Graduate Program, Strategy Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 28 December 2021
Closing Date: 6 February 2022
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Strategy Stream. Through rotating within the Strategy, Policy and Budget Department and to other related business functions, the Analysts will gain hands-on experience in developing and implementing AIIB’s budget mangement, corporate strategy and sector strategies.
About the role:
The Strategy, Policy and Budget Department (SPB) under the Vice Presidency, Policy and Strategy is responsible for:
(i) developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank’s strategic agenda including its Corporate Strategy;
(ii) developing and overseeing compliance with the Bank’s operational policies and procedures for the Bank’s infrastructure investment portfolio (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management;
(iii) coordinating the Bank's partnerships and promoting regional cooperation; and
(iv) managing the Bank’s administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan and strategic agenda.
The Budget Analyst (Graduate Program) will work closely with other members of SPB under the guidance of the line manager. The Analyst will be responsible for supporting key functions such as budget management, strategy development and implementation, as well as other functions deemed appropriate throughout the rotation program.
• Support the full cycle of budget management, i.e., planning, monitoring, reporting and controlling the Bank’s administrative and capital budgets.
• Research and analyze financial and nonfinancial data, identifying trends and patterns and preparing fit-for-purpose management reports to support data-driven decision making and policy shaping.
• Support delivery of management reports in the budget management system, including data management, content/visual design and continuous functionality improvements.
• Support the implementation of cost accounting to help advance the Bank’s move towards strategic budget management, including master data maintenance, costing analysis, regular reporting.
• Contribute to drafting and reviewing strategy documents for internal and external uses.
• Support in producing documents, presentations and supporting materials to effectively communicate AIIB strategies and policies both internally and externally.
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in business administration, finance, accounting or economics, or other related fields; relevant qualifications (e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA) would be an advantage.
• 2-3 years (for Bachelor’s degree holders) or 1-2 years (for Master’s degree holders) of relevant working experience and demonstrated technical competence in a global financial institution, top-tier professional service firm or complex multinational company; experience in financial and strategic planning, data analysis, accounting, or research is preferred.
• Passion for international development.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, proven experience in business writing.
• Superior skills in Excel, PowerPoint and analytical tools.
• Strong analytical and data organization/interpretation skills.
• Demonstrable ability to pay strong attention to detail and can ensure accuracy of documents and communications.
• Good team player with strong initiative, good interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.