San Diego (United States of America)
TITLE: Immigration Intern (6-8 Interns)
LOCATION: Remote/City Heights/El Cajon
START DATE: January 2022
DURATION: 4 months starting; 15 - 20 hours per week
Important Note: This is an unpaid internship.
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities.
SCOPE OF INTERN WORK: Intern will work with Immigration staff to assist with current and new client cases. Intern will provide support for caseworkers/Immigration staff.
- Enter data into Case Management Software (ETO) and other tracking systems
- Conduct research projects to assist with cases
- Conduct research to assist with community outreach and other program development goals
- Work directly with Immigration Staff to assist with case follow-ups
- Conduct administrative projects to support casework
- Intern will gain a deeper understanding of current U.S. Immigration systems
- Intern will receive training and acquire knowledge of U.S. Immigration application processes procedures, as well as eligibility requirements for various applications etc.
- Intern will develop research skills and ability to concisely summarize findings for workplace use