Associate Finance Officer
Post Number : BFM 109
Grade : P-1 / P-2
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Finances
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 05-FEB-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of The Chief financial Officer (CFO) and the direct supervision of the Chief of Accounts Receivable Unit(FAS/AR), the incumbent will be responsible for accounting and providing accurate and timely financial data and reporting for use by the Member States and the Organization. In particular, s/he shall:
- Manage the accounts receivable cycle with respect to invoicing and collection related to the revenue-generating activities
- Collect and analyze data to prepare the invoicing and collection related to the revenue generating activities under Other proprietary Funds (OPF) in accordance with the financial regulations, the respective Resolutions of the General Conference and decisions of the Headquarters Committee
- Acting under the advice of Head of AR Unit, liaise with the Permanent Delegates and Member States Representatives to clarify, provide information and reports on matters related to receivables due from them.
- Prepare all reports dealing with Permanent Delegations rentals and other HQ revenue generating activities for the Headquarters Committee meetings
- Under the guidance of the Head of the Unit, prepare monthly dashboard reports for the Senior Management Team, reporting at the UN level (CEB statistics and financial statements database, etc), including monthly cash forecast on collection of Assessed contributions and any ad-hoc reports as required by the Head of Unit.
- Ensure adherence to procedures for the identification and registration of all incoming payments received at the Headquarters.
- Responsible for the preparation of official acknowledgement of receipts for payments received by UNESCO from donors (voluntary contributions) or Permanent Delegations/external clients (revenue generating activities).
- Assist in implementation of change management projects (such as the digitalization and automation of AR processes) under the guidance of the Head of Unit.
- Advanced University degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or closely related fields.
- A first-level university degree, in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in accounting, business administration of which preferably 1 year at international level.
- Relevant Accounts Receivables experience acquired at the international level.
Skills and competencies
- Good Analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work within a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of Accounting and control systems.
- Client oriented with ability to identify client needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (both written and oral) and good knowledge of the other.
- Professional experience in the United Nations System.
- Experience in the handling assessed contributions.
- Knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (preferably SAP) or an AR Management Software.
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
“UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.”
“UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process”.