- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF)’s works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunization. Additionally, CHAI is also supporting the government of Madhya Pradesh (MP) on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anaemia, diarrhoea and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality family planning services
Program Overview – Nutrition Initiative
Since 2016, WJCF/CHAI has been supporting Government of Madhya Pradesh for addressing issue of malnutrition/anemia amongst pregnant and lactating women, children under 5 years and adolescents across all 52 districts of the State. In addition, CHAI is also working on promoting access to safe drinking water and improving dietary diversity through community led interventions. The overall nutrition program focusses on: i) strengthening health systems and supply chains at various levels of healthcare delivery; ii) reformulation of take-home ration (THR); (iii) improving uptake of Iron Folic Acid (IFA) and Supplementary Nutrition (SNP) through demand generation interventions; (iv) building capacity of frontline workers and their Supervisory Cadre; (IV) improving evidence-based decision making based on regular analysis of monitoring data; (V) promoting access to safe drinking water through setting up Community Water Treatment Plants and (VI) improving dietary diversity through strengthening local food systems. Documentation has been a cross cutting area of the project intervention. In addition, the team is also exploring newer streams of interventions which include Sickle cell anemia etc.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced, and motivated individual with strong skills on data analytics, development of dashboard, communication, documentation, understanding on basic nutrition and government programs for the position of volunteer. Successful candidate will have excellent strategic thinking, and communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, have the ability to thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, teamwork, interpersonal skills, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic. Overall, volunteer would be expected to support in - planning, designing, analysing, coordinating, and documentation of various interventions have been undertaken under the project.
- Review and analyse data and support in the development of reports and presentations to be submitted to donor(s) or government stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Develop KPIs and build monitoring dashboards to support effective programmatic decision making.
- Analyze the raw data collected from Nutrition Baseline, monthly MPR dashboards to draw key inferences and trends including all available data for MP and other states if required;
- Develop working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort
- Develop reports, case studies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), templates and formats for dissemination of CHAI’s learnings among key stakeholders and enabling seamless transition of CHAI’s responsibilities to the government counterparts in Madhya Pradesh
- Conduct secondary research to gather key information on policies and best practices in specific verticals under nutrition and health service delivery
- Innovate, design and pilot test new approaches for nutrition program
- Coordinate with third party or other stakeholders for development and finalisation of deliverables.
- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program or country leadership
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Analytical and Data Visualization Tools is necessary. Experience on tools such as SPSS, Tableau etc. is necessary
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet stringent deadlines.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Preference would be given to candidates with prior experience of working in a result driven environment, in the public and/or private sector.
- Fluency in English and Hindi (written and Oral).
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Experiences working in public health programs, preferably in health and nutrition sector
- Work experience in fast-paced results oriented
- Experience working with the cross-functional team
- Experience of working in the state of Madhya Pradesh
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders which include government as well significant government stakeholder management experience would be a strong positive