Administrative Assistant (Turkish Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Regional Office for the Europe and Central Asia (ECA) region was established in Istanbul, Turkey, at the beginning of 2014 as a part of the UN Women’s new regional architecture. Much progress has been made since the establishment, but at the same time, the Regional Office faces high expectations and demands from partners at both regional and country levels as well as from UN Women Field Offices. To this end, UN Women ECA Regional Office (RO) would like to bring on board a procurement-focused Administrative Assistant to provide substantive support to regional office operations and initiatives, particularly in relation to supporting UN Women’s work on programme implementation of the Regional and Programme Offices.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard procurement and administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative support to processing and facilitating proper documentation management
- Store, manage, and track documents in a SharePoint database;
- Maintain hard and electronic filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials including documentation, record retention, and retrieval in line with record management procedures;
- Route documentations from Country Offices to the proper unit for processing, as required.
- Provide administrative support to procurement finance and HR
- Preparation of Purchase Orders and contracts in and outside Atlas or new Oracle ERP system, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, and create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- When needed support on micro-purchase procurement processes;
- Processing procurement/solicitation through the e-procurement system (In-tend or Oracle);
- Review cases in e-procurement system and provide guidance to offices on procurement processes
- Organization of procurement and supply chain processes, including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs and RFPs, opening and evaluation of tenders, coordinate contract negotiations (as required), prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, in full compliance with UN Women regulations and rules
- Support Procurement Associate and or Analyst on review of procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Regional Procurement Review Committee (R-PRC), and organization of R-PRC meetings.
- Support HR in selection, administration and management of Consultants and the Internship Programme
- Provide administrative support in organizing RO’s meetings and panels
- Prepare presentation materials;
- Support admin assistant in arranging the logistics of the RO’s meetings, including booking conference rooms, arranging catering, and facilitating building access for meeting participants;
- Finalize memoranda, list of participants; and send letters of invitation and other documents;
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, and monitor follow up activities, as requested.
- Provide administrative support to new ICT systems and tools relating to admin support
- Provide administrative support in the review, development and roll-out of the new ERP system
- Provide support in the use of UN Women online applications for admin support such as ATLAS, Oracle, SharePoint, OneApp to ensure online filing of all supporting documents used by the office in relation to the above activities.
- Support UN Women ECARO teams based on instruction from the ECARO Operations Manager or the delegated official.
- As needed, support in the training relating to procurement and new/current ICT systems.
- Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Facilitate trainings to personnel in administrative areas.
- Facilitate trainings for to personnel in COs and PPs on e-procurement and ERP system;
- Support in the development of materials in areas of training;
- Contribute to the development of new tools, systems, SOPs, templates on administrative processes other areas of support
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Quality support to conferences and events;
- Quality organization of files and reports; timely routing of documents;
- Timely support to team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Good IT and web based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary school education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- CIPS certification is a considerable asset.
- At least 5 years experience with secondary school degree or 2 years experience with bachelor`s degree in areas relating to administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- 2 years experience working in procurement, administration and HR support required.
- Knowledge of United Nations procurement principles is an asset.
- Experience in UN policies and procedures is an asset.
Online related experience:
- Experience in (online) e-procurement systems is an asset.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS, ORACLE or similar ERP systems is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.