Seattle (United States of America)
IRC Background: The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has a presence in over 40 countries and 27 offices in the United States; the IRC leads the way from harm to home. IRC opened an office in Seattle in 1976 and provides a continuum of services including intensive case management, employment and economic empowerment services, immigration assistance, health and wellness programming, and education support to refugee and immigrant families in Washington State. IRC Washington is committed to providing trauma-informed, equitable, and accessible services and maintaining and evolving a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Manager the Inventory Specialist is responsible for collecting, organizing, tracking, and disbursing in-kind resources and purchased inventory. The incumbent should maintain storage space, support procurement efforts, and satisfy recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Manage on- and offsite storage of household goods and personal effects intended for distribution to IRC clients
- Label, organize, and track items, and ensure storage facilities are well-secured, clean, and properly maintained
- Carry out physical inventory counts as needed, recording timely and accurate data within IRC’s data management systems.
- Maintain ongoing inventory based on supply lists and procurement forms. Provide regular reports to operations manager and complete bi-annual inventory checks, per IRC best practices.
- Coordinate the daily operations of donation storage areas by stocking and supporting the distribution of in-kind goods in an organized manner.
- Collaborate with colleagues and members of the community to safely load, unload, and disburse goods in strict accordance with IRC and donor requirements.
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping to account for and track incoming and outgoing inventory within IRC’s data management systems.
- Streamline the collection of in-kind goods and distribution, in collaboration with the direct service team and to meet specific program requirements and targets
- Support procurement efforts by coordinating with vendors, managing supply lists, and tracking and communicating market prices. Inform management team of inventory-related needs.
- Assist in training activities of volunteers and interns and prepare regular and ad hoc reports
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Operations Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Resettlement Team, Employment Team, Anti-Trafficking Team, Immigration Team, Youth Program Team, New Roots Team, Immigration Team, Intensive Case Management Team, Volunteer Coordination, Finance Team.External: Volunteers, Interns, and Key Community partners