Operations Manager, Sudan
Khartoum (Sudan) | Sudan
We are seeking an Operations Manager, to serve in our office in Khartoum, Sudan. This is a great opportunity for you to provide strategic oversight and leadership to project implementation, logistics, procurement, inventory, human resources, finance, IT, and administration. Our programs and operations in Sudan are helping people in great need and you will pray a tremendous part in successfully achieve our goals to provide assistance. Are you ready to step into a great team and bring about an eternal impact?
A day in the life of an Operations Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Ensure smooth functioning, well-managed Operations Department to support programmatic activities
- Support fluid and timely communication of report management and information flow between field sites
- Enforce and uphold donor and internal regulations, including local and national laws, and best practices
- Develop and oversee national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of program resources
- Enforce procedures regarding contracted service and provide frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness
- Work with the Country Director and other leaders to ensure strategy lines up with budget
- Closely monitor operational expenses, anticipate significant changes, and keep senior management informed
- Seek to grow your staff through capacity building and staff development, seeking to encourage and uplift your team
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university in a relevant field and 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain or logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work with a diverse team in a pressured environment
- Good knowledge of USAID and UN donor regulations.
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required)
Job Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic a plus
Travel Expectations: Travel periodically to the fields; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- Annual Home Leave
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.