Senior Human Resources Assistant (G6)
The vacancy was originally due to close on 09 January 2022. It was extended to 31 January 2022.
This is a fixed-term post financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “Safeguarding Human Rights through Courts, Phase Two”. The end date of the project is 31 December 2024. The initial contract duration is 10 months including six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Human Resource Officer and overall supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration Unit, the incumbent delivers client-oriented and accurate first-level support with timely and flawless administration of recruitment and selection procedures, as well as assists with a number of outreach and social media activities to promote the OSCE as an employer of choice. In particular, the incumbent carries out the following tasks:
- Co-ordinating recruitment activities by ensuring service-oriented communication; delegating tasks and maintaining an overview of the workload; proposing adjustments and improvements to portfolio administration and recruitment methodology/workflow; advising on complex recruitment-related matters
- Monitoring staffing developments and needs of field operation and keeping the HR Officer updated on the current staffing situation and all of the recruitment processes;
- Responding to recruitment status related enquiries from candidates
- Performing administrative tasks related to the application for vacant posts, including Professional (P/NP) and General Service (GS) categories, Short-Term Agreements (STAs), Special Service Agreements (SSAs), and Daily contract positions
- Drafting, editing, updating, up-loading, circulating and closing vacancy notices
- Supporting the screening and long-listing of candidates/assessing nominations for contracted and consultancy posts
- Preparing and co-ordinating interview boards, which includes but are not limited to the following: administering pretesting or other additional screening; participating in interview boards for General Service (GS) and National Professional (NP) category posts, and evaluating written tests; participating as a secretary to the board and preparing draft selection reports; conducting references and educational credentials checks, as appropriate; liaising with candidates and providing feedback, if required
- Updating and maintaining Taleo records of candidates throughout the full recruitment cycle
- Maintaining and updating rosters for specialized expertise and temporary assistance
- Co-ordinating organizational arrangements (ID cards, network accounts, phones, etc) for newcomers and conducting onboarding sessions
- Engaging in branding exercises, which includes but are not limited to the following: supporting the design, implementation and assessment of outreach campaigns and contributing to sourcing projects, utilizing social media inter alia, as well as by participating in recruitment fairs; supporting the delivery of workshops and presentations on OSCE recruitment processes to promote OSCE as an employer of choice and to identify, attract and engage potential applicants
- Ukrainian citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Ukraine
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in Administration, HR functions
- At least 6 years of work experience in general administration, related to human resources, recruitment, talent management, either in public service, private sector, non-profit sector or international organization
- Experience in participating in outreach campaigns, sourcing projects, utilizing social medias, and/or delivering workshops/presentations
- Professional fluency in English and Ukrainian with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Computer literacy with practical experience using Microsoft applications
Please note that a first-level university degree in a relevant field may be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience, an advanced university degree – for two years of working experience.
Annual salary, subject to social security deductions is EUR 14,700. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. The Organization contributes an additional amount equivalent to 15% of the employee's salary to this pension-style fund while the employee contributes 7.5%. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org; the Requisition/Vacancy Number is FUN00001N. The deadline for applications is 09 Jan 2022.
If you experience technical problems using the online application system, please contact us at [email protected], indicating the Requisition/Vacancy Number and the issue faced.
Applications received after the published deadline and in other languages than the English language will not be considered. Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action, which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.