Finance and Operation Officer
VACANCY TITLE Finance and Operation Officer
LOCATION Rotterdam, the Netherlands
TERM Initial contract duration 1 year with possibility of extension
INTENSITY 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
ANTICIPATED START DATE As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE 31 01 2022;
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) is an international organization with the vision of helping countries adapt to climate impacts. We will achieve this vision by working as a solutions broker to catalyse action and support for adaptation solutions, from the international to the local, in partnership with the public and private sector, to ensure we learn from each other and work together for a climate resilient future.
GCA is a fast growing organisation with its headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, with a Research and Innovation hub in Groningen and with regional offices in Abidjan, Bangladesh and Beijing. GCA’s global strategy is implemented under three pillars of Knowledge, Programs, and Advocacy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance and Operation Officer (FOPS) is responsible for providing support in both Finance and Operations. S/he will provide support in the payments, journal entries, financial reconciliations and provide support during internal and external audits. The FOPS also provide operational support in the area of facility management, inventory control and travel management.
This role is within the Finance & Operations directorate, that supports and facilitates the operational units globally, and reports to the Director of Finance & Operations.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure all financial transactions are carried out in accordance with the GCA guidelines and procedures and any donor requirements
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance to GCA and donor policies and procedure
- Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents
- Register journal entries in finance system (Unit4)
- Conduct regular cash and bank reconciliations, verifying amounts held and reporting any discrepancies
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing processes including preparation of account reconciliations, balance specifications, and variance analyses
- Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits, providing all information required by local legislation, donors, or other bodies
- Oversee and/or implement the day-to-day administration and logistics activities of the office and maintain appropriate manual and computerized records according to policy and procedure
- Establish, maintain and oversee up-to-date office records, such as inventory and equipment lists
- Support proper coordination of meetings and workshops/conferences and associated services such as transport and lodging
- Maintain a comprehensive and efficient filing system for good records keeping and document management
- Support the procurement of office goods and services including managing vendor contracts
- Provide support and assist the travel services for staff and guests in line with travel GCA’s travel policy.