Birmingham (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
IRW is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Multimedia Artist’ to join its dynamic team. The postholder is responsible for delivering high-quality, innovative and expressive media that reflect IR’s progressive work around the world. Overseeing all the visual material and producing videos for a variety of purposes, such as social media and supporting events. The role involves being creative and with a strong technical background in order to produce and manage all aspects of media production.
The successful candidate must have or be:
· A media production or video editing related qualification
· Experience in video and audio production
· Demonstrable experience of film making practices at pre-production, production and post-production
· Experience of storyboarding and presenting ideas creatively
· Experience of effectively utilising graphics and sound in a variety of videos
· Demonstrable experience of utilising video editing suites primarily Adobe Creative Suite & Final Cut Pro
· Experience in operating a range of video hardware, cameras, lighting and sound equipment
- Have excellent research skills to keep up to date with social media trends in relation to multimedia
- Have a keen interest and understanding of trends and regular changes in the digital landscape
- Have a good understanding of performance advertising
- Have a good understanding of analysing data and metrics to improve performance
- Excellent writing skills, particularly scripting for videos
- Strong understanding of service delivery and what it takes to deliver successfully to a customer
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Planning and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise and plan work, set and achieve deadlines
- Ability to develop digital engagement strategy, working with in-country offices
- Sound understanding of the audiences that Islamic Relief communicates with
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 10/02/2021.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications that would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer