Shelter Officer Afghanistan Kunduz
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of Shelter Officer Position is to lead shelter project in Kunduz province, be responsible for identifying shelter needs, leading, providing support to shelter team, ensure transparency and eligibility in beneficiary selection, and ensure all shelter technical works quality and progress. Shelter officer will be responsible for proper coordination with all stakeholders. He/she also has to ensure all integrated projects has been properly coordinated and implemented with CCs.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Provide regular progress reports to shelter coordinator.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries are most in need of protection.
- Share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in activities of shelter project.
- Ensure capacity building of technical assistants and transfer key skills.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Ensure compliance with shelter strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- Have full understanding of all programs’ goals, objectives, implementation plan and expected result / output.
- Ensure all assessments, implementations and monitoring has been done in proper way.
- Manage all the phases of the shelter activities.
- Ensure appropriateness of all shelter technical document.
- Ensure technical aspects and high quality of projects.
- Leading shelter team in Kunduz province.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in meetings and trainings when scheduled.
- Supervise the delivery, distributions, and implementation of shelter interventions in field.
- Work closely with all shelter projects stockholders.
- Provision of weekly and monthly plan for shelter team.
- Coordinate closely his or her activities with shelter Coordinator
- Assist her/his direct supervisor/Coordinator on planning, organizing, facilitating and monitoring of projects.
- Be willing to travel in districts and other provinces.
- Ensure all integrated projects has been properly coordinated and implemented with CCs.
- Any others tasks assigned by supervisors/ WASH Coordinator.
Generic professional competencies:
- Ability to engage and motivate staff in a challenging programme area.
- Excellent familiarity with cultural sensitivities, ethnic groups and security situation of Northern provinces especially Kunduz province.
- Planning and delivering results.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or prior experience with NRC in shelter section.
- At least 3 years of previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and problems solving skill.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal) and local language Dari/Uzbeki/Pashto
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Collaborative nature, ability to work well in a team environment
- Flexibility, creativity and good sense of humor
- Fair treatment, impartial & humanity – based thinker
- Monthly Salary Based on Afghanistan NRC Salary Scale
- NRC has Medical Coverage for staff plus 4 dependents
- Eid Bonus once per year
- Leave and holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law
- Top up Credit on monthly bases