Technical Analyst (Integration & Automated Test Developer), Business Management System (BMS)/Next Generation GSM
This announcement will be used to fill multiple positions in the Business Management System/Next Generation GSM project.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Business Management System has a strategic and facilitating role, in conjunction with respective business departments, in delivering effective and efficient processes and systems in the areas of programme management, human resources, supply, finance and travel that enable the Organization's operations worldwide.
WHO current version of Oracle EBS (12.1.3) and some of its allied systems will have to be replaced as soon as possible. WHO is reviewing the options of replacing the current EBS on premise solution (GSM) with a cloud SaaS based Best-of-Breed and vertical solution - with a modern set of tools using standard best practice business processes and cutting-edge technology. A new standard solution with minimum customizations will allow WHO to avail of modern technology including mobile access, artificial intelligence and business process automation, and to take advantage of any new technology and features added to the selected platform(s).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Promote, encourage and adopt out-of-the-box (standard product) functionality.
- Facilitate and contribute to the definition of project timelines, project dependencies and deliverables in the area of integration and the development and execution of automated tests.
- Ensure ongoing, accurate, timely project management reporting to project team members and responsible manager.
- Leverage and execute end-to-end automated tests using tests frameworks.
- Develop, support and maintain test automation frameworks that provide a foundation for reliable, robust and resilient test automation that can be integrated into a CI/CD pipeline or executed separately and delivers consistent and accurate results, clearly indicating Pass/Fail/Skipped results.
- Define, develop and promote the standards for development of automated tests, performance tests and regression tests.
- Develop complex end to end automated tests.Assist the test manager in the execution of test automation plans, processes, and their implementation across all products, on multiple platforms, on multiple environments, to facilitate realistic pathology scenario/workflow testing in the required project timeframe.
- Collaborate and assist with building best practices.
- Carry out risk based functional, regression, system, and integration testing as required to deliver clinically safe and high-quality software releases.
- Facilitate and create automated smoke tests/gateway tests, and full system tests for all products including generating, reviewing, and maintaining any test data required for automated test scenarios.
- Provide technical test support and training for test team members.
- Assist and actively participate in the on-going development of testing processes and implementation of testing best practice.
- Understand and apply industry practices, community standards and governance policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential: A first-level university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or another related discipline.
- Mulesoft Certification
- ISEB certificate in Software Testing (Foundation)
- PMCoE or IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
- Agile certification
- C# or Java certification
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, some exposure of which must be at international level, in the development of test cases using different testing tools.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Selenium development and/or Provar or equivalent tool.
- Four years of professional experience in software development with integration of large-scale ERP System or equivalent and IT applications.
- Experience of implementing an automation framework for API testing on modern programming languages.
- Strong experience in test automation development planning, preparation, coding, testing, execution, and reporting.
- Strong experience on application integrations. Strong practical experience with an API middleware platform.
- Experience working on iterative projects, and with deployment strategies/processes (staging environment vs. production).
- Experience and understanding of DevOps, CI/CD pipelines and Application Implementation Methodology (A.I.M.).
- Experience using Appium framework to test IOS and Android Mobile applications.
- Experience in application integration, data integration and automation.
- Experience in end-to-end automation testing within an Azure multi cloud environment.
- Previous experience implementing and configuring Service Cloud.
- Relevant experience working for large multinational company or IO/UN agency in complex business and/or IT programmes or projects.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team, supporting a global user base and working with outsourced service providers.
- Relevant experience with business process re-engineering using best practice and standard processes.
- Relevant experience with Oracle E-Business or SAP knowledge or any other cloud ERP vendors.
- Knowledge of WHO-specific GSM customizations.
- Experience in WHO rules and procedures.
- Proven programming ability in C#, Java
- Highly knowledgeable in use of Selenium WebDriver, Selenium WinAppDriver, SpecFlow.
- Expertise in building Restful webservices using Rest client.
- Strong understanding of Agile-based development practices and Sprint planning strategies.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) , continuous integration, continuous delivery and Resilience (CI/CD/CR) Ability to prioritize workload in a high pressure and time constrained environment.
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail. Analysis skills, with aptitude/sound judgment for finding creative solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Positive attitude to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Sound knowledge of Automated Testing, Testing Best Practice, Team Collaboration.
- Project Management expertise
- Knowledge of PMCoE framework and tools Knowledge of ISTM Service management best practices
- Knowledge of managing and / or working with teams including virtual and remote teams
- Demonstrable awareness/understanding and practice of the ITIL framework especially for ITIL
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 62,120 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 1097 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
- This selection may be subject to special recruitment procedures. Further details of these procedures shall be made available upon request to [email protected].
- This requisition may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level in different locations and for different contract types.
- The location of positions may change either before the final selection decision or during the course of an assignment based on business needs.
- The GSM Next Generation project is time-limited. (Selected internal candidates who already hold fixed-term or continuing appointments at the time of selection to the GSM Next Generation project will be reassigned at the end of this project.)
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.