Technical Analyst (Integration, Salesforce), Business Management System (BMS)/Next Generation GSM
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Business Management System (BMS) has a strategic and facilitating role, in conjunction with respective business departments, in delivering effective and efficient processes and systems in the areas of programme management, human resources, supply, finance and travel that enable the Organization's operations worldwide.
WHO current version of Oracle EBS (12.1.3) and some of its allied systems will have to be replaced as soon as possible. WHO is reviewing the options of replacing the current EBS on premise solution (GSM) with a cloud SaaS based Best-of-Breed and vertical solution - with a modern set of tools using standard best practice business processes and cutting-edge technology. A new standard solution with minimum customizations will allow WHO to avail of modern technology including mobile access, artificial intelligence and business process automation, and to take advantage of any new technology and features added to the selected platform(s).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Promote, encourage and adopt out-of-the-box (standard product) functionality.
- Facilitate and contribute to the definition of project scope, goals, planning of project timelines, project dependencies and deliverables for allocated projects and applications.
- Ensure ongoing, accurate, timely project management reporting to project team members and responsible manager.
- Oversee the investigation of options and recommendations to find appropriate solutions to address end-user concerns using existing functionality.
- Provide support for functional and technical direction for solutions around specific business requirements.
- Provide information and guidance around cross-module dependencies and any impact of new functions and/or modification to existing or new functionality.
- Assist in capturing of system requirements, design and prototype, test scenarios, testing and liaison with training team for allocated projects.
- Coordinate, support and participate in testing and resolution of any issues. Implement the release management in Salesforce in accordance with the Release and Change Management Processes.
- Translate business and data requirements into Salesforce.com design.
- Ensure sustainability of the different data objects in Salesforce and identify any potential risks while implementing new data objects in Salesforce.
- Responsible for the schemas and tables in Salesforce.
- Participate in the implementation of new solutions in Salesforce and propose strategy to mitigate risk and impact on existing solutions.
- Ensure that the principles for the integration are followed in Salesforce.
- Collaborate and assist with building best practices.
- Document impacts of changes to current state business process, data, feeds and systems.
- Identify possible impacts in other systems domains.Provide input to user training material.
- Develop automated tests in Salesforce and manage Data Sets for automated tests.
- Develop package in Salesforce.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A first-level university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or another related discipline.
- Certified Salesforce.com Salesforce Administrator, Sales Cloud Consultant, and Platform App Builder or other equivalent qualification.
Desirable: Certification in ITIL, Agile, PMCoE, SDLC, Java, DevOps, Selenium.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, some exposure of which must be at international level, in Salesforce implementation and integration in ERP E-Business Suite or equivalent.
- Four years of professional experience in development, including at least3 years qualifying experience in automated tests.
- Experience using Salesforce data tools.
- Experience in Selenium or equivalent tool.
- Experience working on iterative projects, and with deployment strategies/processes (staging environment vs. production).
- Experience and understanding of DevOps, CI/CD pipelines and Application Implementation Methodology (A.I.M.).
- Experience in application integration, data integration and automation.
- Experience in designing and documenting technical requirements.
- Experience working within a team environment across business functions.
- Previous experience implementing and configuring Service Cloud.
- Relevant experience working for large multinational company or IO/UN agency in complex business and/or IT programmes or projects.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team, supporting a global user base and working with outsourced service providers.
- Relevant experience with business process re-engineering using best practice and standard processes.
- Relevant experience with Oracle E-Business or SAP knowledge or any other cloud ERP vendors.
- Knowledge of WHO-specific GSM customizations.
- Experience in WHO rules and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of developing Salesforce solutions.
- Strong practical knowledge of configuring Salesforce solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce implementations and integrations.
- Sound practical knowledge of automated tests.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrable knowledge of working with enterprise level Salesforce.com instance.
- Strong expertise in web services. Ability to document user stories and create to-be process flow diagrams.
- Strong understanding of Agile-based development practices and Sprint planning strategies.
- Ability to prioritize workload in a high pressure and time constrained environment.
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail.
- Analysis skills, with aptitude/sound judgment for finding creative solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Excellent customer service skills, including strong ability to determine user needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Positive attitude to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Project Management expertise.
- Knowledge of PMCoE framework and tools.
- Knowledge of ISTM Service management best practices.
- Knowledge of managing and / or working with teams including virtual and remote teams.
- Demonstrable awareness/understanding and practice of the ITIL framework especially for ITIL Service Design and ITIL Service Transition.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 62,120 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 1097 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
- This selection may be subject to special recruitment procedures. Further details of these procedures shall be made available upon request to [email protected].
- This requisition may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level in different locations and for different contract types.
- The location of positions may change either before the final selection decision or during the course of an assignment based on business needs.
- The GSM Next Generation project is time-limited. (Selected internal candidates who already hold fixed-term or continuing appointments at the time of selection to the GSM Next Generation project will be reassigned at the end of this project.)
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.