Project & Marketing Manager, Country Liaison - Ref: 22-01 PM/GRS/GN
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref: 22-01 PM/GRS/GN
Project & Marketing Manager, Country Liaison The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a Project & Marketing Manager, Country Liaison to oversee the operations of the Generating Revenues & Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project, ensuring the 4.5-year project meets its objectives and maintains strong relations with the donor and project partners.
The position: This position will be based in Tamale (Northern Region, Ghana) will report directly to a Principal Scientist and co-report to the Regional Director of Africa. Will also serve as Country Liaison for CIP – Ghana office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project & Marketing Manager 80%
● Design and monitor the project implementation by ensuring that is responsive to communities and partners and is aligned with CIP principles, values, and strategic plan. ● Maintain close working relationship with major partners on project, local and regional governmentpartnersandauthorities,thedonorprogramoffice,andtheOneCGIARWest and Central Africa Initiative
● Lead the demand creation strategy and marketing component implementation for the project.
● Assure that project maintains its gender transformative approach, highlighting emerging findings in annual briefs.
● Manage all technical and financial reporting to the donor, ensure timeliness, quality, and responsiveness to donor requests and the continuity of funds every year for the project. ● Work closely with team members to produce scientific publications and technical papers based on the research under this project.
● Based on emerging findings, lead the resource mobilization process for a follow-up project.
Country Liaison 20%
Strategic Planning & Management:
● Ensure that structures and systems follow CIP standards, and that they support program delivery and promote management coordination and efficiency throughout the country. 1Operations Management:
● Provide timely and effective oversight of the financial position of the country program including identification and implementation of required changes to match funding levels. ● In coordination with the Risk & Security Unit, ensure that the security management plan for the country program is updated and all security protocols and procedures are being adhered to.
● Maintain safe & healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
Staff Management, Professional Development and Team Building:
● Promote accountability, growth, and development of staff by conducting staff annual performance reviews with direct supervisees and ensuring that all staff members are effectively using the performance planning and management system.
Key Partner & Donor Relations:
● Play the role of institutional representation at country level with donors, partners, regional fora and networks, programmatic meetings/institutions, CGIAR regional meetings, to support projects.
What are we looking for?
● PhD degree in agricultural economics, business management, or related field in agriculture
● At least 4 years of relevant work experience in agricultural related area or project coordination.
● Strong expertise in marketing interventions and monitoring and evaluation. ● Experience working on multi-partner programs and with National research institutions. ● Experience in engaging in gender analysis (preferred).
● Knowledge of vegetative crop production (preferred).
● Expertise on nutrition-sensitive interventions (preferred).
● More than 3 publications in peer – reviewed journals indexed as the main author. ● Excellent strategic and people management skills to achieve quality results ● Excellent written and oral communication skills to foster engaged partnerships at a high level of representation, maintain partnership and relationships, and communicate findings.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equalityforpoorpeopleinrootandtuberfarmingandfoodsystemsofthedevelopingworld. CIP’s mission contributes to several Sustainable Development Goals
• CIP is a member of the One CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
• Exciting career opportunity in an international organization.
• The contract will be for duration of the project (4.5 years approx.). 2 • Internationallycompetitivesalary,paidinUSdollars,andcommensuratewithexperience.
Condition: Any offer made with regards to this vacancy is conditional to the formal award of the afore-mentioned grant.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references (preferable recent supervisors). Screening of applications will begin on February 02, 2022 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will work or have contact with children and/or vulnerable adults
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.