Digital Communities Hub Coordinator Sudan Khartoum
Digital Communities Hubs Coordinator (National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The Digital Coordinator position is responsible for the line management and supervision of the Digital Community Hub (DCH) team. The DCH project is a multi-channel platform for two-way communications with displacement-affected communities (via calls and bulk SMS). This position will supervise daily and weekly operations of the team, including donor reporting, stakeholder engagement, and relationship management.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and implement Digital projects and activities as delegated by the Digital PDM in line with proposals, log frames, budgets and donor requirements, ensuring high technical quality.
- Contribute to project proposals and narrative donor reports and provide inputs on needs and gaps.
- Support the Digital PDM in the design and roll out of digital projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Digital PDM.
- Manage engagement with service providers on software utilised by the DCH.
- Manage, maintain and improve the flow and script for information provision via calls or messages (including bulk messaging).
- Oversee daily consolidation of feedback received and shared appropriately internally (to correct offices or individuals) for follow up, and monitor follow-up.
- Ensure high quality, timely, and relevant data collection, analysis, visualization, and dissemination from two-way communications with affected people.
- Oversee a ticketing system for internal (and, eventually, external) requests.
- Establish and monitor service provision through key performance indicators (e.g. response time, satisfaction).
- Closely coordinate with all Core Competencies and Area Offices to maximize on integrated programming and apply DCH and digital mode of assistance as a cross-thematic aspect.
- Performance management of all direct reports, including regular 1:1 meetings and completion of work and development plans;
- Ensure timely and accurate development of spending, procurement, recruitment plans per project and ensure the same is shared with relevant support colleagues;
- Ensure appropriate Financial and Logistical NRC systems/ procedures are adhered to within the DCH team.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, guidance, procedures, and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies.
- Supervise progress of the DCH team activities, ensure project targets are met and make recommendations for improvement.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3 years' experience in a supervisory role.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Above average computer skills, particularly in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willingness to travel outside of Khartoum and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
- University and/or advanced Degree.
- Experience and ability to produce high quality narrative reports in English and familiarity with budgets.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in supervising a diverse and high-performance team.
- Knowledge of digital technologies and mobile communications would be an advantage.
- Interpersonal skills, and experience in stakeholder engagement
- Experience of training, mentoring, coaching, and supervising staff
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Khartoum
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers