Supply Chain Assessor, United Kingdom
United Kingdom (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that contributes to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ employees around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for a Supply Chain Assessor to join our team in the United Kingdom.
Whether you already have experience managing supply chains or are completely new to the position, we will support you to grow in this role. Our detailed onboarding and professional training will ensure you are fully equipped with the right tools to succeed.
What you will do:
As a Supply Chain Assessor your main task will involve planning, conducting and administering supply chain audits for wood processors, traders, as well as companies trading and processing Rainforest Alliance certified products according to agreed plans.
- Planning and executing audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as Forest Stewardship CouncilTM (FSCTM), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), Sustainable Biomass Programme (SBP), Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standards (RA SAS) and others
- Writing audit reports and presenting evaluation findings
- Providing customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature
- Supporting market development for Preferred by Nature in the United Kingdom
- Supporting other team members with coordination and administration of customer care
- Other duties as arise
Who you are:
- You have university degree in forestry/biology/geography/agriculture/environmental management OR Vocational training from the timber processing/trading industry or agriculture/food production sector
- You have 1 year of experience in a relevant sector: forest product sector (timber, printing, paper industry, forestry), agriculture and related industries, or in environmental management
- You have experience in auditing supply chain standards. Experience with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC CoC, SBP or RA SAS standards will be considered an additional asset. We would be interested in hearing from you if you know of other Standards too, such as UTZ, Organic, ASC/ MSC, BRC, GFSI, HACCP, IFS, ISO 9001, ISO 22000, RSPO
- You are fluent in English, other European languages will be considered an additional asset
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role (appr. 50% of work time)
- You have a valid driving license
- You have a high level of integrity to carry out your role ethically whilst addressing clients’ needs.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions. The nature of the job requires working independently and often remotely
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
If you possess these qualities, we look forward to hearing from you and discussing the position further.
This is what we offer:
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven and passionate team
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant and flexible work environment
- Work time: full time
- Working location: travel 50% of the time, 50% working from home
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position holder reports to Supply Chain Director, Europe/Russia in Denmark
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Permanent contract
How to apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations, by 20 February 2022 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
Interviews may be conducted during the advertising period, please send applications as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Please note! We are unable to provide sponsorship for visas, candidates need to have the right to work in the UK.
For questions, please contact: