Communication Support Officer (National Position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The IRC is preparing to support the Royal Thai Government to provide humanitarian assistance should a large-scale influx of displaced persons arrive in Thailand seeking protection due to the turbulent situation in Myanmar following the 01 February 2021 military takeover.
Under supervision of Senior Clinical Manager, Communications Officers are responsible for assisting and creating the communications activities of IRC Health activities. This includes devising communications strategies, creating content and organizing event and campaign as required by the program.
- Work with communications team members to conceptualize, develop and implement communications strategies and campaigns
- Enables access to communication, using a variety of support strategies and communication modes to match individuals' needs and preferences.
- Writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting copy.
- Communicate with implementing partners for weekly announcement for disease outbreak, prevention, and control.
- Communicate and share translated version of health program announcement to each camp.
- Proactive participation in creation and production of IEC materials for program use.
- With the guidance of Senior Clinical Manger, participate in refresher training and capacity building of RCCE responders especially behavioral change communication.
- Monitoring feedback and response from the community for the development and improvement of communication strategy
- Organizing events, campaign to promote key messages.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Senior Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Senior Clinical Managers, EH Manager, PSP Manager
Other Internal Contacts: Deputy Director of Program, Senior Awards Management Coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Other External Contacts: CCSDPT agencies, UNHCR, Camp Authorities,