Intern, Corporate Secretariat
Ref. Number: IN22013
Department: Corporate Secretariat
Job Type: Internship
Posting Date: January 14, 2022
Closing Date: February 7, 2022
Duration: 6 months
Start: April 2022
Intern, Corporate Secretariat
About the Role:
AIIB Annual Meetings of Board of Governors are held annually in Bank’s members and bring together AIIB’s Governors, Directors, management and staff to engage with delegations from Members, partner institutions, business leaders, civil society and experts from a range of fields. Past Annual Meetings were held in China, Korea, India, Luxembourg. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 and 2021 Annual Meetings were held by electronic means. The 2022 AIIB Annual Meeting is going to be hosted in October in Russia. The Corporate Secretariat is the lead organizer to plan and organize the Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors and in support of a high standard of governance and effective communications and engagement with the Bank’s members and stakeholders.
The Intern, Corporate Secretariat will work and support the Corporate Secretariat to coordinate and implement the 2022 Annual Meeting in Russia.
• Support liaison between the Corporate Secretariat and the Government of Russia Annual Meeting team;
• Support communications with vendors in the development of the Annual Meeting registration and livestreaming platform;
• Support collection and management of registration data;
• Support logistic planning and coordination for Annual Meeting participants, including accommodation, transportation, protocol and health issues;
• Support the preparation of Annual Meeting-related documents;
• Contribute to the preparation of post-event evaluation reports;
• Other Annual Meeting-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Currently enrolled in a Masters/MBA or PhD program, preferably in international relations, economics, international finance, development studies, business management or related fields;
• Passion for international development;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a diverse team;
• Fluent in oral and written English; Russian language skills would be an advantage;
• Good experience in organizing large events would be an advantage;
• Good analytical skills and innovative thinking, solution-oriented;
• Computer literacy with strong knowledge and skills of MS Office suite;
• Strong attention to details and commitment to deadlines.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.