WASH Technical Lead
South Sudan (South Sudan)
Are you an experienced Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) professional with a longing to serve as the hands and feet of Christ? Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a WASH Technical Lead for our office in South Sudan where we have answered the call to bring a tangible representation of Christ’s love through the delivery of safe drinking water and hygiene to a people in need. Come be a leader in assessments, program design, and provide technical advice to ensure the quality of WASH interventions. You’ll get to support colleagues through mentoring and building capacity of our team as we strive to make an eternal impact.
A day in the life of a WASH Technical Lead:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of WASH Technical Lead, you will have the opportunity to:
· Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
· Lead WASH multi-sectorial technical assessments in coordination with other Samaritan’s Purse thematic areas and other external agencies
· Lead the development of WASH sector response plans and budgets
· Provide technical oversight of WASH engineering designs and hygiene promotion program, and proactively promote high quality WASH technical approaches within the country programs.
· Lead the fundraising efforts for WASH sector. In coordination with the Grants department, produce high quality concept notes, proposals, and donors reports.
· Oversee WASH program implementation to ensure high quality, timely delivery of program activities and monitoring against log frames.
· All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Graduate degree in Water Engineering with a master’s in Public health or equivalent, and four (4) years of international work experience in East/Central Africa; or equivalent combination or education and experience
· In-depth knowledge in program development, management, monitoring and evaluation, community development/mobilization, and grant writing required
· Management and capacity building experience of national staff in non-governmental organizational programming strongly preferred
· Practical, quick reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in the program
· Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, and build and maintain positive working relationships
· Ability to understand a complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
· 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required)
Job Location: Juba, South Sudan
Type: Full-Time; open-ended contract
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic a plus
Accompaniment: Non-Accompanied; no spouse or family
Travel Expectations: Regular travel in and out of the field locations; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
· International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
· Paid Family Medical Leave
· Retirement savings plan
· Paid holidays
· 12 vacation/personal days
· 10 sick days
· Annual Home Leave
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.