WASH Systems Strengthening Coordinator
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global community to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
WASH Systems Strengthening Coordinator*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
As WASH Systems Strengthening Coordinator you will be responsible for achieving transformative systems change at the district or provincial level of 5 program countries (India, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Sierra Leone) in order to ensure sustainable WASH service delivery. Given the interconnected nature of financial, institutional, environmental, technological, and social factors that influence sustained service delivery, the program will advocate for and implement a ‘systems’ approach to address WASH sustainability problems. Successful implementation of the BMZ-funded program requires overseeing an effective core team of WASH, MEAL and advocacy experts, in total 8 local partner organisations, as well as consultants and other external stakeholders delivering specific services to the program. As part of effective project cycle management, you will constantly critically assess project scope and objectives, ensuring all risks and dependencies are addressed in the project plans in order to deliver successful projects´ results that support the fulfillment of the objectives and achievement of key milestones and the timely delivery of outputs as agreed with the donor. Further on, you will provide support to Welthungerhilfe-key-management to the further development of systems approaches within Welthungerhilfe based on learnings, good practice examples and publications of the program.
- Set-up and coordinate the WASH systems program including program inception, intervention design and implementation
- Oversee and coordinate the activities at country levels, including partner and consultant contracts in cooperation with Welthungerhilfe's respective country offices and Heads of project
- Ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely reporting in line with donor regulations and Welthungerhilfe's policies and procedures
- Ensure quality control through an effective monitoring system in cooperation with the MEAL team at Head Office and in the countries
- Oversee and manage learning and exchange as well external support services in close collaboration with the head of the learning module of the program
- Act as focal person for external networking, manage and maintain collaboration with international partners and ensure visibility of the program at sector level
- Managing and maintaining access to a network of subject matter experts inside and outside the program that can be utilized and managed by project teams and other stakeholders involved
- Review and approval of newsletters, learning briefs and other program related publications as well as reports to the donor
- Conduct appraisals, manage contracts, provide development and training opportunities to country teams (including local partners)
- A university or polytechnic degree in a related field
- At least 5 years professional experience in a relevant field as a project/program or portfolio manager with responsibility coordinating and guiding implementation teams in multiple countries and under multi-cultural and divers environments
- Excellent professional networking skills with proven experience in synthesizing and organizing divers stakeholder interests
- Proven experience with financial management of a large program, ideally with BMZ as a donor
- Knowledge and experience in the application of systemic approaches to improve the sustainability of WASH services in fragile and developing contexts
- Proven experience in engaging with private sector and government actors, as well as in the promotion of advocacy work in the Global South
- Experience in designing and implementing training processes and mutual learning activities
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
Who you are
- You are a strategic thinker with an eye for details
- You understand the complex networks of people and resources required to build strong WASH systems
- You have a passionate commitment to reliability and sustainability
- You understand Welthungerhilfe’s vision, and you are eager to help us get there
- You are a leader and a manager of people. You can keep a team focused working in the same direction, and you have the ability to negotiate, influence, and persuade
- Your reports and publications are based on reliable data. They are results driven and impact oriented and are fun to read
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 15, 2022. Your contact person is Ina Stepka. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.