Construction Supervisor (m/f/d) – National Position
Malteser International (MI) is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
MI is working in Myanmar since 2001 and currently employs more than 240 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states. Our work aims at ensuring communities having access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
For its work in Monghsat Township, Eastern Shan State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Construction Supervisor (m/f/d).
- Support community or water user group committee member in the construction activities
- Supervise and follow up the implementation of any construction activity through regular field visits in the target villages
- Identify weaknesses in the construction activities related to poor power man performance or very low quality in construction materials utilized by the construction company workers
- Elaborate timely field visit report to inform about evolution, performance of the construction activities
- Establish a good relationship with the members of the community and local functionaries (community leaders, teacher, BHS, WUGs, others)
- AGTI, B-Tech or BE in Civil Engineering
- Working experience; Minimum 1-2 years in construction related field
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong integrity and transparent in all work chores
- Experience, interest and patience in supervising others
- Basic knowledge in water and sanitation activities
What we offer:
- Start date: In February 2022
- Duty Station: Monghsat Township, Eastern Shan State, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: One-year contract with possibility of extension until 31 Dec 2023
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 13th Month Salary, Location Specific Allowance & Health Insurance
Working for Malteser International
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin. Malteser International conducts background and reference checks. Ethics form part of the Annual Performance Appraisal.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City.