Interactive and Digital Designer
New York City (United States of America)
Result of Service
The Interactive and Digital Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing and producing animations for two key deliverables: GHRP 3rd edition graphics, layout and launch material and the CERF annual report graphics and maps.Work Location
This consultancy is for six (6) months, with a possibility of extension.Duties and Responsibilities
The Interactive and Digital Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing and producing animations for two key deliverables: GHRP 3rd edition graphics, layout and launch material and the CERF annual report graphics and maps.
• Coordinate with the event organizer to get the key messages
• Create a story board
• Work with an editor to get the story text
• Develop the branding/style
• Search for the music and sounds and procure it
• Look for voice-over candidate
• Record the voice-over
• Design the layout
• Animate in synch with the voice-over and music
• Get feedback and adjust
• Export in multiple formats for various medium
• Coordinate with the event organizer on the distribution
• Coordinate with the OCHA social media team on the distribution. In addition to the animations, the candidate will support development of guidelines and templates for the revamped OCHA information products. The materials will be distributed and used by our field colleagues for the coming years. This will require the following activities:
• Analyse OCHA's current information products and look how to transform the print materials into digital assets
• Evaluate various tools that will enable OCHA to modernize its information products and provide suggestions
• Test out with field colleagues on the tools
• Develop guidelines and digital templates on how to use the tools
Academic Qualifications: Diploma or certificate in animation, graphic design, web development or related field.
Experience: A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in animation, interactive design, information and communication technology, social media, or related area. Experience with Adobe software, including Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop is required. Experience with development of templates and guidelines on digital tools is a plus.
Language: Fluency in English is required (both oral and written). Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.