ICLA Technical Assistant Afghanistan Jalalabad
The purpose of the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Technical Assistant position is to provide Information, Counselling, and Legal Assistance support on House, Land, Property (HLP), Legal Civil Documentation (LCD), Essential and Employment Law Procedure (ELP) Rights, for target groups (IDPs, Returnees and EVI Host Communities). The general role of the ICLA Technical Assistant position is despite conducting ICLA normal activities based on the ICLA Target Setting Guideline, will also support the ICLA Officers on conducting Capacity Building Trainings for Duty Bearers, and HLP assessments.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the CC portfolio according to plan of action.
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated.
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Provide Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance on House, Land, Property (HLP), Legal Civil Documentation (LCD), Essential and Employment Law Procedure (ELP) rights, based on the ICLA Core Competency Target Setting Guideline for the Target group.
- Contribute to support the ICLA Officers to conduct Capacity Building Trainings for Duty Bearers and Governmental Officials, and in doing Legal Assistance on HLP assessments and due diligence to Refugee Returnees, IDPs and Extremely Vulnerable (EVI) Host Community (beneficiaries) consistent with the applicable laws, procedures and current referral system, (update on Actor Mapping).
- Conduct to consider the gender and displacement breakdowns in the work plan based on the norm given by line manager.
- Maintain and update standard hard and soft filing for conducted activities and this also includes entries of the activities in to the online Program Beneficiary Database.
- Maintain updated information on current legislation and legal developments in Afghanistan, international protection frameworks and human rights laws.
- Participates in field visits for identification and follow up of activities, when scheduled.
- Participates in preparation of Weekly Reports, Monthly Reports, Thematic Reports, and Correspondence with Government Officials and International Organizations.
- Bring humanitarian, protection and essential problems and experience of returnees before and after return to the attention of NRC and relevant departments/stakeholders through referral system.
- Participates in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Observe anonymity of clients approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from any clients all the time.
- Assist and cooperate to NRC’s other core competencies as Integrated approach, and including multi-sectorial needs assessments and identifying beneficiaries where appropriate.
- Any other tasks as instructed by immediate superior.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- University degree from faculty of law or Sharia and a thorough a basic knowledge of Afghan law.
- At least 1-year experience from working in a Protection or legal assistance implementation position.
- Prior experience of representing an I/NGO, and advocating on behalf of beneficiaries, in public forums (e.g. Protection Sector).
- Working knowledge of context-relevant languages.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Some understanding of Housing, Land and Property (HLP) and Legal Civil Documentation (LCD) rights.
- Relevant experience in humanitarian operations particularity in legal and advocacy fields.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly to the field independently is essential.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.