Interim County Manager
This role was posted on February 3, 2022, and is open until February 23, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
To provide strategic direction of the project by overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of the county programs and operations. The County Manager serves as head of an office and supervisor for the county team, and is accountable for the programs and operations teams including Implementation, RM&E, Community Engagement, and Quality Assurance; Finance, Logistics, and Procurement to ensure high-quality program at all levels; represents the Field Site on the SMT. As Lead of the county Senior Leadership Team, the County Manager is required to regularly share reports with LMH leadership on progress towards scale and impact of targets; makes recommendations to the Program Director aimed at improving projects outcomes.
This position is only open to Liberian National candidates.
Position: One (1)
What You’ll Do
- Supervises the County Program Manager who supervises the County Program Team, including Implementation, RM&E, Community Engagement, Quality Assurance, Capacity Building Specialist, and the HEAL Fellow
- Supervises the Operations Manager who supervises logistics and procurement
- Supervises the finance team in its day-to-day operations, while the Director of Accountant & Finance provides technical supervision
- Provides strategic direction for the county project and represents the Field Site on the SMT
- In conjunction with relevant Department Leads, develops plans; contributes to proposal writing and budgets of existing and new projects/extension of projects
- Oversees and ensures the smooth running of all county programs and operations, and is accountable for the project and operations including, Implementation, Quality Assurance, RM&E, Finance, Logistics, and Procurement to ensure high-quality program at all levels
- Serves as head of the office and supervisor for the county team
- Regularly shares reports with LMH leadership on progress towards targets and impact, and addresses any challenges that could compromise the meeting of those targets
- Leads county Senior Leadership Team meetings and informs the Program Director of issues emanating from the meetings and makes recommendations to the Program Director aimed at addressing the issues or challenges. Provides direct management support to county team implement policies and protocols designed to increase efficiency around the implementation of Annual Operational Plan.
- Represents LMH at high-level forums (i.e., County Health Sector Coordination meetings.
- Development Steering Committee meetings, Pillar meetings, etc.) while keeping the SMT regularly updated.
- Reviews and approves all official communication emanating from the Field Site to partners as well as the CHT
- Maintains partnerships, both formal and informal, with collaborating NGOs and CBOs, and local government authorities across the county
- Ensures HR, finance, and logistics systems in-county are in place and are adequate to support programmatic endeavors-maintain a good cash flow system
- Reviews and approves financial transactions within the limitation of the County Manager.
- Conducts regular weekly cash counts and approves requests for cash replenishment
- Ensures LMH Safety and Security/Transport Policy are clearly communicated and strictly adhered to by team members
- Oversees the work of the team implementing the Community Health Assistant Program and another remote health programming
- Allocates at a reasonable number of days every month for field travel to provide spot check of program implementation, assessing consistency, competency, and coverage throughout program sites, working to build
- Ensures county RM&E team timely collects and reports quality monthly program data
- Ensures LMH data and reports are shared with the CHT.
What You’ll Bring
- RN/PA or BA/S in relevant field required such as public health, social science, management, or international development
- 5+ years of field experience in health and development programs, including demonstrable success in managing development programs
You’ll Impress Us If
- If you have experience managing health projects/programs; bringing programs to scale, particularly in partnership with the government.
- If you have prior experience managing operating budgets; donor reports-writing
- If you have prior experience in a remote setting and willingness to travel to various program sites as needed.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process. Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia, the range is $34,771 - $41,725 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.