- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate, William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF), has been working in India since 2004 in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the central and state levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, CHAI/WJCF programs support government initiatives on Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, cancer, immunization, and health financing. Additionally, CHAI/WJCF supports many state governments on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anaemia, diarrhoea and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality family planning services.
About the Project
India has the highest burden of Tuberculosis (TB) in the world, accounting for more than 27% of the global TB incidence. Of the 2.8 million annual estimated incidence, more than half access diagnosis and care in the private sector, where there are significant gaps across the care cascade because of diagnostic delays, irrational and non-standardized regimens and catastrophic health expenditure to patients.
The Joint Effort for Eliminating TB (JEET) project aims to set-up effective and sustainable structures to strengthen existing systems and seamlessly extend quality of TB care to patients seeking care in private sector. To this effect, WJCF has setup Patient Provider Support Agencies (PPSA) across seven states to provide continuous, end-to-end engagement of private sector and extend quality care to all patients. In the past two years, the project has supported over 250,000 patients to access quality care and treatment support.
India continues to bear the world’s highest burden of tuberculosis (TB) in terms of absolute numbers of incident TB cases. An estimated 350M people in India are latently infected with TB and 4M new TB infections occur every year. India has set an ambitious target of eliminating TB by 2025. In order to achieve this target, the National Strategic Plan 2017–2025 has set an ambitious target of 95% LTBI identified/eligible cases to be initiated on TB Preventive Treatment (TPT) by 2025.
The Joint Effort for Eliminating TB (JEET) project aims to address the LTBI burden by establishing innovative mechanisms for contact tracing of pulmonary TB patients, diagnostics and ensure access to quality care. The project is the first of its kind, large scale programmatic intervention on LTBI. The project is being implemented in 11 states and union territories across the country and is expected to impact over 1.3M individuals over three years.
- Participate in all relevant administrative, financial and project related review and planning meetings (including preparation of project budgets).
- Responsible for organizational and project related bookkeeping / accounting work, including recording of all financial transactions using accounting software.
- Ensure booking of expenses in line with approved budget, accounts code, budget line etc for proper reporting and monitoring of expenses.
- Ensure completion of all the documents in vouchers before processing the payment.
- Process payments to partners, vendors, and employees on timely basis.
- Ensure timely settlement of advance payments to staff/vendors.
- Ensure timely payment of monthly statutory dues, closure of monthly accounts and reporting.
- Prepare monthly office/project specific financial reports. Assist with reconciliation of books of accounts with overall accounts maintained by the Head Office.
- Ensure that administrative and financial registers (like registers for attendance, leave records, Staff movement, personal vehicle use, incoming and outgoing correspondence, stocks) are maintained properly
- Assist the Finance Officer/Lead in all financial audit related activities, at project or organizational level
- Undertake any other activities and responsibilities as reasonably required by the organization/Supervisor.
- Maintaining appropriate files/records/documents towards meeting legal and statutory requirements.
- Applicants must possess M. Com/MBA
- At least 6 years’ experience in independently handling financial and administrative accounting work with thorough knowledge of accounting software
- Prior experience in working on Global fund project will be an advantage
- Quality conscious and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong sense of proactivity to ensure efficient financial management
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Open to change and to develop and drive process forward
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team, as well as strong cooperation and people skills
- Knowledge of Indian Tax Laws, Audit standards and FCRA regulations
- Proficiency in applications of MS Excel and accounting software
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time