The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Genetic Resources Program (GRP).
- Provide efficient and timely administrative support to assigned scientific staff and team members in all aspects of administrative activities such as but not limited to, travel arrangements, procurement, warehouse withdrawals, processing of payment requests, coordination of request with corporate services units, and other programs, translation, etc.
- Ensure effective management of program events, scientific visits and students including but not limited to drafting and sending of invitation letters, coordinating with HR’s CIMMYT Academy on events, visits and student registration and logistics arrangements -such as, transport booking, air ticket purchase, accommodation reservation, meals and coffee services and venue and materials preparation.
- Ensure that relevant administrative documents are properly archived, and summary records (logbook) are kept and updated regularly for immediate and future reference.
- Perform other related task within the job level as maybe requested by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must be graduated of any four-year course, preferably business management or administration.
- The selected candidate must have at least 3-year experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested, and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality, and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork and Pro-Activity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.