Finance and Administration Manager, USAID/RDMA Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management Services Project, Thailand
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, theMillennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks,foundations, and non-profits.
The USAID Regional Development Mission in Asia (USAID/RDMA) has released a solicitation, as an indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract, seeking a contractor to provide monitoring and evaluation and other technical/advisory services to the Regional Mission and other USAID missions and offices operating in Asia. These services include, but are not limited to, impact and performance evaluations, components of evaluations, assessments, qualitative research, surveys and data collection, cost analysis and effectiveness, feasibility studies, assistance with monitoring plans and indicators, technical training, knowledge dissemination and public outreach, performance management, and other non-evaluative services. The proposed contract looks to assist USAID and its partners in Asia to generate empirical data as well as foster learning and knowledge management through a participatory process in order to support stronger results and improve evidence-based programming. The specific technical areas the RDMA portfolio covers are HIV/AIDS, human trafficking, water and sanitation, humanitarian assistance, NRM, anti-wildlife trafficking, governance and economic reforms.
****Please note: Local or regional candidates from southeast Asian countries that RDMA has an operation are highly encouraged to apply.**
Si is seeking a full-time Finance and Administration Manager to oversee financial planning and management, logistical and administrative support to the project team, and ensuring that administrative, financial, contract, and procurement activities are carried out in a manner consistent with the objectives of the project, and in compliance with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures. The Manager will be a core member of the project team, report to the Chief of Party, and will be based in Bangkok.
- Manage and oversee project finance and administration.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables in line with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and good business practices.
- Work with the IDIQ Manager and Recruitment/Resource Management Specialist to ensure that financial management and reporting is in compliance with USAID requirements.
- Manage project start-up and support initial work planning process.
- Establish procedures for financial operations, banking, and reporting.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Implement other functions relevant to the position.
- Advanced degree in public administration, business, financial management, or another relevant field required.
- At least five years of financial management, grants management, or similar experience in other donor-funded projects; previous work experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with Thai payroll income tax calculations.
- Proven ability to manage and monitor a diverse staff in multiple locations.
- Previous experience in Asia or RDMA countries.
- Must have high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Must be fluent in English and Thai with strong writing skills.
- Organization: Social Impact
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Education and Training
- Finance and Banking
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-12-11