LocationMedair Global Support Office (GSO), Ecublens, Switzerland.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open ended contract.
In collaboration with the rest of Engagement team, develop Medair’s presence in Switzerland by raising funds and increasing visibility.
Responsible for a portfolio of foundations that will contribute significantly to our annual fundraising targets. Acquire new foundations and develop existing accounts by networking, researching, building relationships and preparing high quality proposals.
Key Activity Areas
Fundraising with Foundations
- Manage a portfolio of foundations, identify potential projects and submit proposals and reports in a timely manner.
- Coordinate internally with Programs, Finance and the field locations to draft funding requests and reports in French to foundations in your portfolio.
- Maintain personal contact with representatives of foundations and board members and build positive and sustainable relationships.
- Develop communication material such as writing appropriate project proposals (funding requests), reports, summaries, letters, brochures and presentations in French for institutional philanthropy partners (foundations and municipalities) in your or other team members’ portfolio.
- Increase brand awareness and seek proactively opportunities to position Medair within the targeted audiences.
- Lead the development of annual budget and revenue forecasting for foundations in Romandie.
- Monitor private funding trends and issues.
- Contribute to fundraising and organisational strategy development.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level.
- International Relations, Business Development and/or Sales, Communication, Account Management.
- Strong working knowledge of French and English (spoken and written).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
Experience / Competencies
- Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising, sales or communication.
- Experience and understanding of project management.
- Overseas experience in a humanitarian/development setting.
- Project Management desirable.
- Excellent written communication skills incl. translation from English into French.
- Ability to bring complex information in a simple way to the point without losing essential content.
- Analytical skills and ability to identify potential of projects and audiences.
- Strategic thinking. Networking skills.
- Understanding of International and humanitarian context desirable.
- Experience in business development desirable.
- Advanced user of MS Office.
- Experience in CRM / sales management software is a plus.
- Goal, output and performance oriented.
- Perseverance and long-term perspective.
- Persistence and people-oriented. Self-driven and intrinsic motivation.
- Self strarter. Collaborative team player.