Systems Analyst / Administrator
LocationThis is a Global ITS Team position based in Switzerland, Kenya or Lebanon, with up to 12 weeks in the field in a year.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Medair is seeking new Systems Analysts/Administrators to support the organisation with the configuration, implementation and support of a suite of new and legacy systems. Medair has embarked on a journey of digital transformation and over the next few years will be implementing a new ERP and Supply Chain Management System, be bringing about big changes in our Salesforce CRM, as well as supporting our current Portfolio system which is built on Wigii open-source software. The successful applicants will have at least three years of experience in configuration, support and implementation of ERP software and will have transferable skills to bring to Medair. They will be fast self-learners who have a keen and quick understanding of business requirements, with the ability to understand, design, configure and implement changes as needed.
Medair’s Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify the people to people strategy. Global ITS provides a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency & integration, including country programs in the strategic design of systems, and delivers services locally to ensure that the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues are met.
The Support Systems Integration team delivers on the strategic direction for our Support Function Systems primarily located at the GSO – including Human Resources, Finance, Logistics, Engagement and Communications teams.
Key Activity Areas
- Identify and prioritise technical and functional requirements, obtaining feedback and gaining approval to implement changes. Maximise the strategic use of applications/systems used by Medair.
- Manage the product backlog and present sprint proposals and reviews to different stakeholders.
- Document business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Be part of internal and cross-cutting projects to ensure the alignment of business processes and solutions, and manage the integration of systems.
- Translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Perform administration / configuration / data migration / integration duties on select systems in accordance with project objectives. Create and design technical specification documentation.
- Create and design technical specification documentation
- Drive resolution of issues that come up during the deployment phase of projects.
- Implement implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance.
Data Quality & Vendor Management
- Ensure accuracy of input data, output data and data migration. Evaluate issue patterns and their respective operational functions to plan and recommend process improvements and system upgrades (e.g., Data Quality issues regarding Finance, HR or Logistics processes/applications).
- Work with contracted service providers and other technical groups to resolve system issues.
User Support and Training
- Provide second level support to users. Stay up to date: use existing trainings, (community) resources, and develop skills and knowledge about the latest features. Train users accordingly.
- This position requires an awareness of current developments in technology, methodologies (Agile/Scrum, etc), the ability to identify gaps and propose improvements within the systems workflow or business processes.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Engineering or similar.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Ability to work in French desirable.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
Experience / Competencies
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a relevant field of work.
- Microsoft Azure, Dynamics NAV, Unit 4 or Salesforce experience essential.
- Knowledge of enterprise business systems (ERP) and analytics (preferred), especially in the areas of Finance, Logistics and /or HR.
- Experience using helpdesk/ticketing systems (such as Jira).
- Demonstrated experience in business systems analysis, design and system testing.
- Experience handling helpdesk tickets from internal/external users.
- Business Process Mapping (BPMN 2.0, UML (Unified Modelling Language), etc.)
- System integration and Data Analysis (awareness of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces), Data Modelling techniques). Programming skills desirable: SQL, Perl, VBA, etc.
- Experience in developing processes and creating end-user documentation.
- Basic understanding of Project Management tools and general project steps.
- Self-driven, proactive, disciplined. Willingness to work for the mission of Medair.
- Challenging others and being challenged in return.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
All new deploying international staff to Medair’s country programmes (and other roles which require field travel) should be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, supported with a COVID vaccination certificate as evidence.