Enterprise Portal Administration and Development Specialist
OBJECTIVE OF THE OFFICE/DEPARTMENT
This requisition is for employment at the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)/Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO)
The Information Technology Services Department (ITS) provides leadership and direction in the deployment of information and communication technologies and systems to support the Pan American Health Organization/Regional Office of the Americas of the World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) in carrying out its mandate. ITS establishes and maintains strategies, policies, standards and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient provision of information and communication services in a geographically dispersed environment.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the Director, Information Technology Services (ITS), and the direct supervision of the Senior Advisor, Applications Development and Support (ITS/AT), the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Oversee and manage the operations and maintenance of the PAHO SharePoint enterprise-wide environment and configuration; manage testing, migration planning, update management of the base infrastructure and the acquisition, configuration and updates of add-ons; liaise with the Information Security and Operations teams for major upgrades to the environment;
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of all PAHO SharePoint sites (the PAHO Intranet, Entity/Cost centers SharePoint sites and internal/external Collaboration sites), including the provision of site features, support, and security configurations. Guide authors and other staff on the design, reformatting, production and publication of material for electronic dissemination and ensure that material and procedures meet the Organization’s requirements and standards;
- Lead the development and documentation of systems and applications requirements, and documenting user stories and functional needs by working closely with business areas and target audiences, applying systems analysis techniques and analyzing how the requirements fit in conjunction with existing systems, business processes, standards and tools;
- Analyze customers’ requirements and collaborate with PAHO’s Management Information System (PMIS) team and other application development groups to propose automated solutions that are aligned with PAHO enterprise architecture and information security strategies;
- Design, code, test, and implement custom solutions, in accordance with system requirements and appropriate standards, using application development software and techniques as appropriate;
- Perform project management activities related to the implementation and maintenance of the SharePoint environment and related applications development initiatives. Manage deadlines, resources and priorities to ensure project success;
- Coordinate and liaise with external Consultants for SharePoint environment updates/patching and application development initiatives; oversee the deliverables and define the timelines to meet Business Owners’ deadlines;
- Provide recommendations on the acquisition of third-party tools and add-ons for the Organization’s technical environment needed to meet users’ needs complying with the Organization’s Security Standards;
- Assist users and technical support providers (IT Service Desk, Tier 2 & 3) in order to identify sources and root causes of problems and develop temporary and long-term solutions to those problems;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Essential: A bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, systems engineering, or any other field related to the functions of the position, from a recognized university.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO, only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. PAHO will also use the databases of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org and College Navigator, found on the website of the National Centre for Educational Statistics, https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator to support the validation process.
Essential: Seven years of combined national and international experience related to the planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems.
- Overall attitude at work: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behavior; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts.
- Teamwork: Collaborate and cooperate with others/Deal effectively with conflict - Creates team spirit; promotes collaboration and open communication in the team; proactively supports others; welcomes team responsibilities and drives team results; promotes knowledge sharing in the team. Proactively identifies conflicts and facilitates their resolution in a respectful manner; tactfully resolves conflicts between or with others and takes action to reduce any possible tension; effectively builds a rapport with individuals and teams, establishing good personal and professional relationships, as well as minimizing risk of potential conflict.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Relate well to diversity in others and capitalize on such diversity - Treats all people with dignity and respect. Relates well to people with different cultures, gender, orientations, backgrounds and/or positions; examines own behavior to avoid stereotypical responses; considers issues from the perspective of others and values their diversity.
- Communication: Express oneself clearly when speaking/Listen/Write effectively/Share knowledge - Foresees communication needs of audience and targets message accordingly. Facilitates open communication; encourages others to share their views openly and takes time to understand and consider their views. Writes down ideas in a clear, structured, logical and credible way; drafts and supports the development of guidelines, policies and procedures. Shares relevant information openly and ensures that the shared information is understood; considers knowledge sharing as a constructive working method and demonstrates awareness of the Organization.
- Producing Results: Work efficiently and independently/Deliver quality results/Take responsibility - Prioritizes work, monitors own progress against objectives and adapts plans as required; communicates adjustments as necessary. Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed; handles problems effectively and constructively. Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs. Works independently to produce new results and sets own time lines effectively and efficiently. Shows awareness of own role and clarifies roles of team members in relation to project’s expected results. Makes proposals for improving processes as required and takes responsibility for own work and/or actions, as necessary. Demonstrates positive attitude in working on new projects and initiatives. Demonstrates accountability for own success, as well as for errors; learns from experience.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Propose change/Adapt to change - Actively supports Organizational change initiatives and demonstrates personal commitment to them, including when faced with new demands; proposes workable solutions to challenging situations. Engages in positive responses to a changing environment and promotes workable solutions to achieve own and team’s results. Welcomes, and actively seeks to apply, new ideas, approaches and working methods and technologies in order to improve own and/or team’s work processes and results; demonstrates commitment to Organizational change initiatives.
- Theoretical and proven technical and analytical skills in systems analysis and design, application development life cycle and configuration, systems documentation, and management of systems development projects.
- Ability to review and accurately evaluate new technology and systems options available to the Organization to be used in advancing the objectives defined for information systems and be able - to translate system requirements into functional systems.
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint, MS Office 365, as well as MS Power BI (or similar business intelligence products) and Nintex (or similar workflow products) to design workflow and statistical reporting.
- Knowledge of use of Web publishing tools, Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), web site structure, web file formatting and conversion and web image editing and manipulation.
- In-depth knowledge of SharePoint administration including service applications, user applications, and integration with line of business systems.
- Strong analytical skills, both for determining requirements and for identifying how to apply corporately approved software products to developing solutions.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills to explain IT technical concepts to non-IT personnel.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a team member in a multidisciplinary and culturally diverse environment.
Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with working knowledge of the other language. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
Proven technical skills in systems analysis, software development and systems integration and implementation within large IT projects and experience in managing of small systems development projects; thorough understanding of administrative business processes, the theory and practical application of relational database theory, and visual and object-oriented programming techniques.
Demonstrated ability and skills using MS Windows and office 365 applications including SharePoint, Power BI and DevOps. Business Processes analysis and modeling.
Annual Salary: (Net of taxes)
USD $62,692.00 post adjustment
Post Adjustment: 54.1% of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to PAHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and e-Manual.
For information on PAHO please visit: http://www.paho.org
PAHO/WHO is an ethical organization that maintains high standards of integrity and accountability. People joining PAHO are required to maintain these standards both in their professional work and personal activities.
PAHO/WHO also promotes a work environment that is free from harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, and other types of abusive behavior. PAHO conducts background checks and will not hire anyone who has a substantiated history of abusive conduct.
PAHO/WHO personnel interact frequently with people in the communities we serve. To protect these people, PAHO has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. People who commit serious wrongdoing will be terminated and may also face criminal prosecution.
PAHO/WHO is committed to workforce diversity. PAHO/WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
PAHO/WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary and post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance). Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, dependency benefits, pension plan and health insurance scheme. Benefits for internationally recruited staff may include home leave, travel and removal expenses on appointment and separation, education grant for dependent children, assignment grant and rental subsidy.
Candidates appointed to an international post with PAHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
All applicants are required to complete an on-line profile to be considered for this post.
Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration. A written test and/or interview will be held for this post. The post description is the official documentation for organization purposes.