Consortium Coordinator South Sudan Juba
NRC started working in South Sudan before the country’s independence in 2011 and operates in Central Equatoria, Western Bahr el Ghazal, Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Warrap, Jonglei, and Unity states while it responds to other locations through the mobile Rapid Response Mechanism.
The Coordinator will report to and be accountable to the Emergency Rapid Response Mechanism (ERRM) Steering Committee, which will consist of NRC, Medair and Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Country Directors or designated representative.
The ERRM Coordinator will:
- Ensure high technical quality and transparent processes
- Manage, train and develop the capacity of the Multi- sector emergency response tea
- Strengthening current multi sectoral Rapid Response in SS and implement in line with desired strategic direction, quality measurements and donor requirements
- Responsible for the Consortium documentation
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, donor and other reports as required
- Lead ECHO funded Emergency Rapid Response Mechanism consortium, enabling the consortium members to provide rapid lifesaving relief
- Work closely with NRC finance focal point, compile, prepare and submit all reports to the donor based on individual reports from the Other Members and promptly provide copies to the Other Members.
- Inform the Other Members about any significant variations of Project Activities, project expenditure or reporting deadlines.
- Review existing ERRM response strategies and packages across the sectors, if gaps are identified, then advocate with the specific clusters for clear response modalities
- Collaborate with the ERRM partners, led the harmonizing the assessment, intervention and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) tools among the ECHO partners.
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant university degree or higher education preferable in natural sciences/disaster risk reduction or humanitarian response or in any other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context and specifically experience in the Emergency Rapid Response Mechanism (ERRM)
- Experience in protection mainstreaming
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Experience in ERRM South Sudan context will be an asset
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
Please review the full Job Description for more details about the role
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
Contract Length: 12 months
Duty Station: Juba, South Sudan
Grade: 08 of NRC Grade Structure
Start date: As soon as Possible
To apply as an internal candidate, remember to click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site”!