- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
- Additional Location Description
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States' levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, CHAI supports government partners across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, tuberculosis, COVID-19, common cancers, sexual and reproductive health, immunization and essential medicines.
Talent is the fundamental driver of WJCF’s success in helping save lives and reduce the burden of disease. WJCF’s organizational values reflect its relentless endeavour of hiring, nurturing, empowering, and celebrating diverse and high calibre individuals who come together to work as cohesive teams. WJCF places a high premium on providing its staff with an enabling environment that encourages entrepreneurship, humility, respect, equal share of voice and fosters high impact innovation to address some of the most challenging healthcare issues.
The world has not experienced a pandemic at the scale or pace of the current COVID-19 pandemic; the virus has ferociously attacked high- and low-income countries alike, but in so doing has exposed inequities in access to quality care within and across countries. While the indirect impacts of the COVID-19 on availability and utilization of routine health services cannot yet be known, lessons from previous crises suggest that service disruption and displacement will have grave impact on population health. In order to address these challenges, a robust response based on strengthened health workforce, improve disease surveillance, resilient supply chains and rapid increase in diagnostic capacity is being spearheaded by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
WJCF supports the various departments at the national level and focus states in COVID-19 testing, treatment access, and program management. On testing and diagnostics, the program supports government partners on testing policy, strengthened data and delivery systems, and development of guidelines. The program has been supporting ICMR in the development of the strategic plan for scaling up testing, providing data-driven insights to support supply chain management including forecasting and inventory management, and helping build guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for downstream distribution of commodities. Separately, the program also supports selected states on localized strategies for testing scale up and equitable access, stronger engagement with the private sector, improved treatment readiness, robust awareness campaigns and capacity building initiatives, and analytics-based program management. WJCF, also supports focus states on strengthening surveillance systems, and in conducting needs assessment for establishing an Integrated Public Health Laboratory network.
We seek a highly motivated individual with excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills for the role of Analyst, COVID-19. The Analyst will design, monitor, and drive implementation of evidence-based strategies to strengthen diagnostics and surveillance systems at the state and national level. The ideal candidate must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, excellent communication, and written skills, be self-directed, be able to adapt to the differing needs of the program and have a strong commitment to excellence.
The candidate must be entrepreneurial, adaptable, and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity. We place great value on qualities such as resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support government departments in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives to strengthen diagnostics
- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support the team on prioritization of initiatives.
- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the relevant government departments, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and/or participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives.
- Implement innovative solutions to reduce supply as well as demand side disruptions in other health services.
- Routinely monitor, compile, synthesize, and analyse data to ensure optimal targeting, implementation, and effectiveness of program interventions.
- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders efforts and across other WJCF programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.
- Conduct analyses to ensure sufficient supplies of commodities and equipment, appropriate coverage with interventions, and/or progress towards program goals.
- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with WJCF's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated program of support.
- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership.
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, public health or allied areas with 2-4 years’ work experience.
- Experience working in public health organization or management consulting, development sector or similar fast-paced, output-oriented environments or pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry.
- Exceptional analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and Tableau or Power BI.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and stakeholder management capabilities. Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, manage multiple priorities, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific, and technical manufacturing information.
- Willingness to travel extensively.