Supply Chain Assessor, Spain
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission-driven organisation that contributes to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions.
With 290+ employees around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for a Supply Chain Assessor to join our team in Spain.
What you will do
As a Supply Chain Assessor your main tasks will be to:
- Plan and execute audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as Rainforest Alliance. The number of audits will be 2 to 2.5 audits per week on average, after the accreditation stage
- Support the coordination and execution of evaluations in Spain and France – this could include logistical planning, supporting consultants, liaising with clients, and finalising and reviewing reports (RRA)
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under her/his responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.)
- Develop and maintain strong technical expertise in FSC/PEFC and Preferred by Nature policies, standards and protocols
- Manage questions and disputes relating to active certification evaluations and clients consistent with Preferred by Nature and certification scheme policies.
Who you are
- You have a university degree in forestry, biology, geography, environmental management or related field, or vocational education from the timber processing or timber trading industry
- You have at least 1 year of relevant experience
- You are fluent in English and Spanish, French is an advantage
- You have knowledge of FSC and/or PEFC is an advantage
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role (appr. 50% of work time)
- You have a high level of integrity to carry out your role ethically whilst addressing clients’ needs
- You are comfortable making independent decisions. The nature of the job requires you to work independently and often remotely
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
- It is an advantage if you have a valid driving license
If you have these qualities, we look forward to hearing from you and discussing the position further.
This is what we offer
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven and passionate team
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant and flexible work environment
- Work time: full time
- Working location: travel 50% of the time mostly in Spain/France countries, 50% working from home
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position holder reports to Senior Manager, Supply Chains, Europe & Russia
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations, by 30 April 2022 via the application form below.
Interviews may be conducted during the advertising period, please send applications as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Anna Yavlyanskaya, HR Specialist
E-mail: [email protected]