Oakland | San Jose | Sacramento
Job Overview: The Intake Specialist will be part of the Afghan Support & Investment Project (ASIP) across Northern California, including the greater Sacramento region, Bay Area, and Central Valley. Intake Specialists will review incoming requests for eligibility, collect required documentation, determine support levels based on set parameters, and work with other teammates to ensure support is delivered. The Intake Specialists will follow up with clients for additional information as needed, and must treat all clients with professionalism and respect.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge and eligibility criteria for ASIP.
· Conduct eligibility screenings, review required documentation, and consents, and ensure each client file is fully completed before moving to next steps.
· Use project matrix and operational guide to recommend correct level of support per household.
· Work with other teammates to ensure full support is requested and provided.
· Detail each client interaction in accordance with established requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
· Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations.
· May train and lead the activities of support staff, volunteers, and interns.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field of study preferred.
· Relevant professional experience in human services field required; minimum of 2 years’ experience strongly preferred.
· Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by IRC’s clients is desired; including, Dari, and/or Pashto.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
· Partial remote, partial in-office work.
· May require occasional work out of partner agencies’ offices.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.#LI_GR1