New York City
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction." (Albert Einstein)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Technology and Operations supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable solutions for the IRC’s offices around the world.
The Data Team at IRC is responsible for the design and delivery of data technology and data programs at the IRC. Our team is committed to high-impact results by encouraging relationships across the organization, driving continuous improvement, and delivering value through the implementation of high-quality, strategic data programs.
Success looks like a leader with a strong understanding of the value of data, technology, programs and operations. You are highly organized and aspirational, adept at collaborating with a small team or working alone, have a high level of emotional intelligence (e.g., empathy, self-awareness, self-management), a positive outlook, and seek feedback for continuous improvement.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the documenting requirements and technical specifications, testing and validating technical and data changes, data analysis, and troubleshooting of dashboards, reports, integrations, and data collection tools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the SQL Servers and Data Warehouse on-prem and Cloud environment, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health, and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple domains. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Compile, map, and analyze current processes, infrastructure & system data to capture business requirements and document current and future state through interaction with key business users, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party vendors.
- Work with internal partners at all levels of the organization and across functional areas to understand business processes and their integration with business systems (people, processes, technology).
- Understands business problems specific to organizational initiatives and opportunities; recommends solutions to management based on data analysis to enable the organization to achieve goals.
- Manages, analyzes, and resolves data initiative issues and manages changes needed to meet the requirements of business partners while adhering to organizational data standards.
- Tests and troubleshoots new and existing products in the portfolio – develops test practice to ensure data collection tools, reports, and dashboards are correct.
- Participate in the implementation of new business data collection and visualization tools and technologies; ensure requirements and functional designs are accurate.
- Ability to work with data sets, data manipulation and analysis
- Conducting in-depth data cleaning and analyses using traditional and advanced methods. Running key statistics and analysis as directed by the senior members of the team.
- Aggregate and transform data to meet the needs of efficient data analysis and reporting.
- Actively address user questions and issues related to the data analytics platform
- Generate ‘On-Demand’ Analysis and Reports based on user requests.
- Provide training to users on new features prior to roll out of the analytics solutions and generate documentation.
- Work with Business and Technology teams to determine and define application maintenance windows.
Required Skills / Experience / Education
- Humanitarian first mindset
- Positive outlook and compassionate communications
- Ability to lead and be flexible to change course through ambiguity and change
- Self-starter and be able to operate independently, plan workloads and deliver on commitments
- Personally driven to utilize both proven and unique solutions to address business problems until issue is resolved.
- Ability to speak and present on status of Projects as well as get in the weeds with partners and technical team
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently, manage time and execute tasks
- Solid technical knowledge and experience working with project management and documentation tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as related collaborative tools/platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Intermediate SQL and data analysis skills
- Degree in degree in business analytics, computer science, MIS, economics, or other STEM area preferred
- Previous Non-Profit Experience a plus
- Experience with Power BI a plus
- Standard office working environment.
- Some international travel as needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.#LI-GR1