Months of escalating Russian hostility towards Ukraine have culminated in a concerted invasion of the country and the launch of military attacks across multiple cities in Ukraine, with a view to destabilize the country and provoke a change in government. Fleeing insecurity, Ukrainians are travelling west, with Poland establishing 8 reception centers along its border with Ukraine, for an estimated 1 million arrivals.
Between February 7-23, 2022, an IRC team undertook a scoping mission covering Poland and Ukraine to better understand the context, humanitarian and civil society landscape, and anticipated service gaps in the event of an escalation of conflict in Ukraine and consequent displacement into neighboring Poland. As of February 24th, the IRC has pivoted to an emergency response, and have identified partner agencies in Poland and Ukraine to facilitate immediate assistance that can be used where it is the most needed. Simultaneously, IRC/partners will launch a rapid needs assessment to better understand the humanitarian needs in both Poland and Ukraine and how IRC can complement partner response services either in breadth or scale.
This position will be based in Vinnytsia and Lviv, with occasional travel to other locations in Ukraine as permitted and occasionally to Rzeszow Poland, and other locations. As this is a fluid and rapidly changing context, the location of this position and length of assignment may change based on the needs of the program.
Main Purpose of Job
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IRC’s office. The position holder will procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring good practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. You will ensure that all purchases of goods and services are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with IRC and donor procurement policy and procedures.
1. Procurement Planning
Working closely with Supply Chain Manager, and other internal and external partners, you will effectively plan and support program implementation by:
• Collecting, organizing, and analysing data market information and data to enable effective procurement planning
• Preparing and implementing procurement plans following related IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis to ensure value for money in procurement..
Responsible for implementing procurement plan and strategy and ensuring all procurement needs are met on time in line with GSC and donors’ standards, the role holder will:
• Support the development of procurement specifications
• Process approved Purchase requisitions through the procurement software ensuring data accuracy.
• Initiate and process Request for quotations (RFQ) and Request for proposals (RFP).
• Train and certify procurement committee members and participate in tender meetings and evaluations.
• Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
• Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
• Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval.
• Collaborating with all departments by Coordination with finance, grants and program to ensure smooth and timely procurement
3. Contract Management
You will lead the contracting process so that the terms and conditions, and contracting procedures as provided by Global Supply Chain are followed.
To achieve this, you will:
• Prepare and executing contracts for recommended bidders
• Timely renew qualifying contracts and Master Agreements.
• Execute contracts against set performance indicators
4. Supplier Management
The role will lead supplier relationships and performance to ensure that Suppliers adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and that there is precise record keeping. This includes:-
• Maintaining suppliers files and documentation
• Monitoring and documenting supplier performance
• Maintain supplier performance score cards.
5. Compliance and Ethics
You will assist in identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes and in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements by:
• Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
• Providing consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Identifying and reporting procurement red flags across the procurement value chain
• Implementing corrective action plans (CAPs) in response to internal and/or external audit queries
You will support timely and accurate reporting by:
• Preparing and submitting accurate monthly reports to the Procurement Manager on time.
• Supporting with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required.
• Submitting monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
• Submit periodic procurement tracking report for specific Grants that you are assigned to.
7. Team Leadership and Development
• Setting procurement team members' objectives
• Documenting training needs
• Ensuring that all procurement staff and counterparts are trained to standard
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations staff and country Supply Chain staff at all levels
External: Vendors and Services providers.
Education: Diploma in Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field
• 3-4 years of work experience in supply chain operations (Procurement)
• Experience working with NGO preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices
• Proven success as a procurement leader within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics
• Good collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units and suppliers.
• Knowledge and experience in procurement plans, strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting
• Good negotiation skills
• Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies.
• Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets; Outlook)
Languages Requirements: Fluency in Ukrainian and English. Polish is a plus
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.#LI-GR2