Supply chain Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading humanitarian aid organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict, and disaster, helping them to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis. IRC currently operates in the U.S., Africa, Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. For a complete listing of countries in which IRC operates and supports refugee programs, please visit http://www.rescue.org/where
Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs.
Since the conflict in Ukraine started in February 24, 2022, which brought the consequent displacement into neighboring countries, the IRC new programs on protection and Refugee Info East Europe programs are being established to address the most pressing needs of people on the move across South-East Europe. IRC continues to use its voice and expertise to increase safe and legal pathways, ensure protection and improve the quality of resettlement, asylum and integration services. The programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions.
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible to support the Senior Supply Chain Officer and ensure that all logistics activities and procurements are done on a timely basis without compromising known IRC standards. The Supply Chain Officer will work closely with all sectors to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly. The Supply Chain Officer will ensure that SC must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Reports to: Head of Office and Senior Supply Chain Officer.
- Responsible for national and int’l procurement requests received and their review.
- Liaise with Senior Supply Chain Officer and Response Team Leader regarding procurements and ensure implementation of recommendations.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific policies and procedures.
- Procure all necessary items for programs, offices and residences.
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Generate all required procurement documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments are delivered to the suppliers.
- Assist program staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested.
- Update relevant staff about the status of his/her request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
- Produce routine purchase status including commitment and other SC reports for Senior Supply Chain Officer, Programs and Finance.
- Maintain a complete filing system for all procurement related documents according to IRC Procurement Manual.
- Preparation of procurement contracts, POs and processing tenders.
- Provide all necessary support to logistics, admin and procurement staff.
- Conducting regular market surveys and maintaining an up to date supplier database with key supplier information.
- Work as back up support and lead all SC functions including warehousing, transportation, assets management etc in the absence of the Senior Supply Chain Officer.
- Establishing and maintaining good professional working relationships with suppliers, contractors and inspection companies whilst strictly adhering to IRC’s anti-corruption guidelines and IRC’s code of conduct.
- Assist when needed in managing and processing travel requests (national and international).
- Ensure all office equipment is stocked with required supplies (stationary, cleaning and kitchen supplies, toner, paper etc.).
- Review and verify bills received for the office, including utilities, maintenance, provision of standard supplies, new furniture or equipment and prepare payment requests; undertake analysis of bills to make recommendations on most cost-effective billing approaches.
- Any other duties or tasks delegated by Head of Office and Senior Supply Chain Officer.