Job Overview: The Casework Assistant supports the provision of direct services to refugees during their initial resettlement process.
· Assist the resettlement team in the provision of services for newly arriving refugees including apartment set-ups, airport pick-ups, intake interviews, home visits, grocery shopping, cultural orientation, school enrollment and the transportation of clients to appointments and activities that support the clients’ resettlement process.
· Support efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health and social services.
· Assist with the timely completion of client records, documentation, and case files.
· Communicate client information to other staff members as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.