Supply Chain and Admin Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life- changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Following a first assessment conducted in January 2017 in Italy and another one in July 2017, several critical protection gaps were identified within assistance provided to refugees and migrants in Italy: mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), assistance to unaccompanied children, information provision and legal support. To respond to the identified gaps IRC established a small presence in Italy. Programs in Italy include Refugee.Info web-based information platform, child protection programming targeting unaccompanied children and victims of trafficking, mentoring programs for the socio-economic inclusion of refugee youth, WPE and education (social emotional learning and healing classrooms). With the onset of the Ukrainian refugee crisis Ukraine, IRC Italy is ramping up its capacities to respond to protection and MHPSS needs of newly arrived Ukrainian refugees in several locations in Italy.
The Supply Chain and Admin Officer is responsible for ensuring that that all logistics activities and procurements are done on a timely basis without compromising IRC standards, as well as other admin duties. The SC Officer will work closely with program, finance and other staff to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly, including timely and compliant procurement of Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for national and international procurement requests received and their review.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Generate all required procurement documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a complete filing system for all procurement related documents according to IRC Procurement Manual.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments are delivered to the suppliers.
- Assist program staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested.
- Update relevant staff about the status of their request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
- Produce routine purchase status including commitment and other SC reports as requested / needed.
- Preparation of procurement contracts, Purchase orders and processing tenders.
- Conducting regular market surveys and maintaining an up to date supplier database with key supplier information.
- Lead other supply chain functions including warehousing, transportation, assets management.
- Establishing and maintaining good professional working relationships with suppliers, contractors and inspection companies whilst strictly adhering to IRC’s anti-corruption guidelines and IRC’s code of conduct.
- Ensure all office equipment is stocked with required supplies (stationary, cleaning and kitchen supplies, toner, paper etc.).
- Review and verify bills received for the office, including utilities, maintenance, provision of standard supplies, new furniture or equipment and prepare payment requests; undertake analysis of bills to make recommendations on most cost-effective billing approaches.
Facilities Management & Supplies
- Oversee the process of receiving, logging and follow-up on requests for space, accommodation and supplies;
- Oversee and firm up identification of new premises, as required;
- Refer any maintenance required to IT department;
- Ensure office premises are well managed and maintained.
- Ensure a regularly updated visiting staff schedule is maintained;
- Oversee hotel bookings as required for visiting staff, consultants etc., including ensuring prior approval by an authorized supervisor and recording of accounting expense codes;
- Communicate with visitors to confirm arrivals, accommodations and any transport requirements;
- Ensure visitors are advised in advance of all arrangements and provided with arrival package including contacts and latest visitor security protocols;
- Verify hotel billings and prepare related payment requests;
- Record details of all IRC inter office mail pouches and international Skypack delivery and ensure timely distribution to recipients
- Perform admin duties as needed
- Perform all other ad-hoc duties, as and when assigned by supervisor
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Position Reports to IRC Italy Senior Finance Officer
- Required to work closely with the IRC Italy Program team, Program Manager and Head of Office
- External collaboration with suppliers, travel service providers etc.