Human Resources Business Partner (Syria Country Program)
The HR Business Partner will provide HR support, counsel, and management to all units and departments in the country program, with particular focus on driving awareness, understanding, and adoption of key HR practices and human capital strategies within the country program. This position will also work collaboratively with the department heads to ensure that select administrative, operational, and project management deliverables are successfully accomplished across the network of field offices.
This position reports to the HR Director, and also works closely with Regional HR team and other members of the HR department. The role will provide ongoing input to the HR Director to help shape the HR agenda and deployment strategies for the country program.
The HR Business Partner manages a team of HR staff based in Turkey and Northwest Syria while they provide technical support and manage in partnership HR Operations staff in the field locations to ensure high quality and efficient staff onboarding, contracts management, orientation, performance management, employee relations, code of conduct compliance, employee engagement and staff care.
Under the direction of the HR Director, drive performance with respect to the following subjects:
- Formulate partnerships across all units in the country program to deliver value-added service that reflects the business objectives of the organization and meets the strategic needs of IRC staff.
- Develop and implement HR solutions that support the achievement of strategic objectives in consultation with the HR Director.
- Serve as an advisor to maximize staffing resources and performance, develop talent through creation of professional opportunities, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Provide effective guidance and support to all staff on employee relations, performance management, compensation/benefits, promotions/changes in status, and general HR issues in collaboration with HR functional teams.
- Support the HR Director in the planning and implementation of global and regional HR initiatives for the country program, including opportunities for improvement and develop the functioning of the HR department.
- Work collaboratively and engage with the other HR functional team members to build both competency and capability and ensure effectiveness and efficiency of work processes and consistent standards across the program.
- HR Knowledge: serve as a reliable source of HR policies, practices and processes in response to employee and/or supervisor requests, ensuring compliance with internal and external standards and applicable labor laws.
- Talent Acquisition: provide review and adjudication for new position requests, standard job descriptions, compensation decisions, and other related recruiting activities in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team. Attend panel interviews when needed.
- Talent Acquisition: provide back-up support to the field offices for recruitment and onboarding of new staff, with the goal to ensure new hire and orientation practices are implemented in accordance with IRC standards.
- Employee Relations: Manage employee relations disputes, complaints and conflicts in a professional manner with the aim of empowering employees and supervisors to have the necessary tools, resources and knowledge to resolve conflicts in a positive reinforcement manner.
- Act as impartial investigator and/or mediator (where applicable) when dealing with misconduct reports to ensure equitable and fair procedures are taking place in line with our internal policies & labor law.
- Talent Management: participate in core talent activities as relevant for the operational and technical functions and become proficient in delivering select training and development workshops in partnership with Talent Development colleagues.
- Employee Exits: monitor and intervene as necessary to ensure IRC standards are met for separation forms, exit paperwork, and exit interviews/surveys.
- HR Data & Information: help to maintain shared HR files and create a monthly dashboard of HR KPI’s including relevant or appropriate analysis, trends, insights and actions.
- IRC Way: model, promote and uphold a culture of values as reflected in our code of conduct, The IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct – Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to Labor Law and Social Security regulations and HR compliance issues.
- Stay abreast of industry and functional trends and represent IRC in industry HR forums and leverage this insight to develop appropriate HR strategies and solutions.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: HR Director
Position directly supervises: HR Operation staff in Northwest and Turkey
Position works in collaboration with: In-country HR Team and Unit Heads.
Key Internal Contacts: IRC Turkey Staff, Amman based HR Operational staff, Talent Development unit, Compensation and Benefits unit, Talent Acquisition unit
Key External Contacts: HR Working group Forum, Legal entities